LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help please

OneRep

I just tried installing the 174.74 driver update for my nvidia 8600m gt. It said it installed, and i rebooted it, but when i go to check on my current forcewar version, it still says i'm still running 156.xx.

What could I have done wrong (the instruction on this site said nothing of uninstalling the previous driver. Could that be it?)

Whenever you install a new driver, it is a good idea to uninstall the old one and run a tool like Driver Sweeper before you install the next. Maybe you should try this and see if it helps.

I uninstalled my driver and installed the 174.74... It didn't work, and now I don't even have my original driver anymore... Oh joy.

Great... That nvidia driver i originally had came with the system... I don't have a way to get that back...

Well i found my original driver disc and have my 156.80 drivers back... I guess I'll never be playing AoC...

Eh, i found out my problem. Currently running 177.26. If I have problems, I will go back to 174.74.

So is AoC working for you now?

So is AoC working for you now?

Yes it is, thank you :)