LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 8600M GTS need help!

Guest Logan882

Guest Logan882

Thanks ahead of time.

Recent patches to AoC have been telling me to upload newer drivers, i am running 167.62.

I just spent about an hour searching through the 174.xx and 169.xx drivers can cant find one that will work for my video card. I thought i found one, but after installing my computer wouldn't boot correctly so i had to do a restore to the older drivers.

Dose anyone know of a solid set of drivers for the 8600M GTS?

Try 174.74 with the modded inf.

Good luck!

Yes, just make sure you are using the modded INF and try installing a 17x.xx series driver.

Guest Logan882

Well i tried the 174.74 and the 174.31 drivers, both with the modded INF, and they both force me to restore to the old drivers.

I even deleted the old INF in the folder that is created before moving the new one into it. I have also followed the direction on the "Install instructions" page here.

Is it something i am doing wrong? I'm not really sure, because i looked through the list of video cards that work drivers and I'm not seeing my card listed there. I have a 8600M GTS that is SLI. not sure if the SLI makes a difference, and yes i am adding the drivers to both the cards.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite X205

Intel Centrino Duo T7250 @ 2.00 GHz

2GB of RAM

Vista 32-bit

Maybe that will help. Again, thanks ahead of time. :)

Are you using Driver Sweeper before you change driver versions?

• 2 weeks later...

wow, i didnt know you can get 8600m gts, what i think you should do is uninstall all the past drivers, make sure when you go in display properties it says, generic monitor on standard vga adapter then install 169.09 driver with modded inf from this site, its pretty good driver, if an older one

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Logan882

The safe mode trick worked perfectly. I have finally gotten the 174.74 drivers to install.

Thanks a ton for the help. i bow to your superior knowledge. :)