LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer aspire 5520

Guest Angela

Guest Angela

I recently bought a acer 5520.

After having a quick look, installing what needed an setting the laptop up. I switched it off.

The next morning, when i switched it on again, i saw an error for crystal eye webcam sayin one of the files was missing.

Then it dissapeared from the desktop an my programs from the start menu but was still in programs in control panel.

Then it stopped working completely.

A friend of mine suggesting removing it completely an reinstalling it again, which i did.

Now my camera doesnt work through the crystal eye shortcut on my dekstop but it works on msn, and the image is upside down.

Im going to phone the place i got it tommorow and see what they say, anyone had this problem? or similiar and know how to fix it.

this is my first laptop and i dont want to mess about too much.

I recently bought a acer 5520.

After having a quick look, installing what needed an setting the laptop up. I switched it off.

The next morning, when i switched it on again, i saw an error for crystal eye webcam sayin one of the files was missing.

Then it dissapeared from the desktop an my programs from the start menu but was still in programs in control panel.

Then it stopped working completely.

A friend of mine suggesting removing it completely an reinstalling it again, which i did.

Now my camera doesnt work through the crystal eye shortcut on my dekstop but it works on msn, and the image is upside down.

Im going to phone the place i got it tommorow and see what they say, anyone had this problem? or similiar and know how to fix it.

this is my first laptop and i dont want to mess about too much.

Acer laptops give you the option of restore factory image,restart your laptop at post hit alt+ f10 at the same time that will bring the recovery window,select hd to hd recovery.in 20 min or so you restore your laptop to its factory default as if you just baught it. good luck

Guest Angela
Acer laptops give you the option of restore factory image,restart your laptop at post hit alt+ f10 at the same time that will bring the recovery window,select hd to hd recovery.in 20 min or so you restore your laptop to its factory default as if you just baught it. good luck

Ok so i tried what u suggested an hooray it worked.....for about 10seconds then the webcam stoppped working again. it said i had to install an update and when i did it started uninstalling the camera. so i cancelled it. my laptop restarted automatically because windows were doing updates too, when it logged back on crystal eye webcam had dissapeared from my desktop AGAIN. this is really pissin me off.