LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.41 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA driver v177.41 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 177.41
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2008-06-18 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 33.54MB (MD5: e8ca8c80c25f415bd313c00af63b6e73)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: True
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: 28

Information Files (1 files supporting 4 models)

* nv_disp.inf supports 4 models:

[DEV_05E1] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

[DEV_05E2] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

[DEV_084C] NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI

[DEV_084D] NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cyclone93

• P.J

• net.cat

• ByronGman

does it include physx driver installation too ?

Edited by net.cat

Tried this yesterday. Works okay as long as I disable PowerMizer via the various registry hacks required. Otherwise it downclocks very quickly, independant of GPU temps.

sry...what registry hacks ? :O

Tried this yesterday. Works okay as long as I disable PowerMizer via the various registry hacks required. Otherwise it downclocks very quickly, independant of GPU temps.

yeah could you mention the registary hacks plz..if the one youre talking about is changing value from 3333 to 3322 that didnt do the trick for me :)

2°C hotter than 175.80...same performance with crysis...no physx :_( (4 me)

Edited by net.cat

How do you determine whether or not you are getting PhysX?

I just installed 177.39 and all I could figure out was that it is running way hotter than my last drivers...

easy...i installed 177.41...an than i installed physx....and it doesn't work :_(

my previous driver was 175.80....infact i'll restore it because of this hot summer :)

Edited by net.cat

This was a no go for me, crysis crashed twice, no changes in settings than all my previous settings with benching all my other drivers.... so no go for me, goin back to 177.35 most stable and just a few points of diff. Vantage were lower to than .39 , and only 5p more than .35.

Edited by Phanatic

easy...i installed 177.41...an than i installed physx....and it doesn't work :_(

my previous driver was 175.80....infact i'll restore it because of this hot summer :)

I thought PhysX came with the driver install... at least with 177.39????

I am so confused.... can someone set me straight on how/where to get PhysX or at least try to get it????

Do they work with 8800 gt?

Edited by psychok9

How do you determine whether or not you are getting PhysX?

I just installed 177.39 and all I could figure out was that it is running way hotter than my last drivers...

if you downloads 177.39, you are downloading driver and physx installers.....if you download 177.41 physx installer is not included...just download a part

Can't get CP to work with 175.XX and higher drivers except 177.40 ?!.

Okay, sweet I finally downloaded PhysX, but it doesn't look like it has been enabled for the 8600M GT yet, as I cannot select anything under Hardware Device Selection.....

Even though PhysX is suppose to come wit 177.39 nothing showed up until after I installed the standalone but 177.41 didn't enable anything either....

So, I've heard tell that PhysX will be useless for people like me with one GPU and a mobile one at that. Basically that I'm just going to overload my little GPU and meltdown. Is that true or are people like me going to see some benefits?

I mean I guess we'll just have to wait and see, ya? but what is your guess.

In the meantime I'm downgrading my drivers to something cooler.... 177.41 is pushing me to like 95C while gaming and since PhysX isn't even working yet I might as well try to cut some of that down...

Didn't check the temperatures, but 177.41 did crash most spectacularly on my OC test - suppose it's one of the hottest running ones.

Even when installing "the right way", uninstall + sweeping in safe mode + new install, I couldn't get the CP to pop up, just like with every driver past 175.xx except 177.40 with original INF. So back to 177.40.

The best driver for 8600M GT !!!

SmartDimmer... OK

PowerMizer... OK (Just change PowerMizerLevel from 3 to 1)

Performance... OK (3DMark06: 3299 / 175.80: 3260) (3DMark Vantage 1.0.1: P834 -> Good) (Stock Setting 1280x1024) (NFS PS... OK)

Stability... OK

PhysX... FAIL (No AGEIA PhysX processor installed) :)

HDTV... OK (MPEG2/H.264)

I didn't test 177.40/177.39

Edited by P.J

:) installed this driver and its great but the NVCP says its driver 177.40

Edited by GaryHook

Guest Maico

my laptop specs is

acer aspire 4520g

nvdia geforce 8400m G

amd 64 1.8ghz

been playing crysis on 174.xx since

this driver gave the best performance :)

Guest alfons
my laptop specs is

acer aspire 4520g

nvdia geforce 8400m G

amd 64 1.8ghz

been playing crysis on 174.xx since

this driver gave the best performance :)

Anyone knows wy connecting an external Display disables powermizer? Thx

Guest Jeff

Hey!

So as of right now I'm coming from a 175.80 while using RivaTuner. I'm so pissed that Vista asks about RivaTuner every time I log in (I don't want to disable UAC), that I'm coming to 177.41.

177.41 does support overclocking, right? And will overclocking the 177.41 driver work faster than a 175.80 with RivaTuner (I play Age of Conan, so the faster the better)?

Specs:

Dell XPS M1530

Windows Vista 32-Bit

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz

4GB Ram

256MB nVidia 8600M GT

Thanks for the help!