LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT subsys 022E1028&REV_A1 on Dell XPS M1530

Sir Joe

Hi!

First post.

First mistake?

Hope not so.

I have the system in the title. I attach a log made with Nvidia control panel, as in VIsta NERD does not work.

I find that the last driver in your site for a 8600M GT is the 167.43. But there are not inf insied for my subsys.

I have read the forum quite a lot, all the important stiky. But I have not understood yet if I have to find a driver with that subsys yes or yes, or if it is not important and I just can pick up the last for the videocard.

:)

I must tell you, I am not gamer, I do not do professional graphic, I do not overclock, I just like to take the best possible from my notebook to have it as faster, cleanest, and lightest as possible...

I am using the driver coming in Dell CD. Windows Update find one, signed, a bit newer, not much. No differences noted.

In my profile there are complete infos on my config.

Cheers! :)

NVIDIA_System_Information_06_28_2008_12_04_44.zip

The Subsys ID shouldn't matter. The INFs contain only the vendor ID (10DE) and the device ID (specific to you card). When you look for drivers, you need to look in the forum section for drivers, not on the Download Drivers page. The drivers in the forums are much newer, and will bring performance improvements.