LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PhysX v8.06.12

mobilenvidia

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

NVIDIA PhysX System Software WHQL

Version: 8.06.12

Release Date: June 25, 2008

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)

Language: U.S. English

File Size: 43.3 MB

* Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX on GeForce 9800 GTX, GeForce GTX 280, and GeForce GTX 260 GPUs, including SLI configurations.

* Experience GPU PhysX acceleration today by downloading the Unreal Tournament 3 PhysX Mod Pack.

* Supports AGEIA PhysX processors and software runtimes (no change to PPU support).

* Supports the following PhysX runtime engines: 2.8.1, 2.8.0, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7.0, 2.6.4, 2.6.3, 2.6.2, 2.6.1, 2.6.0, 2.5.1, 2.5.0, 2.4.4, 2.4.1, 2.4.0, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1

* Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles

* Developers: PhysX SDK 2.7.3 is required GeForce PhysX acceleration via CUDA 2.0.

177.39 includes this driver.

But for those with other drivers you can download them direct from here.

We'll not include it in future drivers and offer it as a seperate download, will save a 45MB download each time as the PhysX driver will not change with every Forceware release.

To get it to install you will need .NET 3.5 (not sure if 3.0 works)

To get it to run the tests you need DX9.0c (April or later)

Edited by ®®®

I have installed this version on my desktop's 8800 gt as well as the 177.40 driver (stock inf) and I now have geforce physx support! Also the folding@home gpu application seems to run great and is contributing to the lv2g team when it's running (I run boinc so this gpu thing is just for cool factor every now and then).

:)

Great to hear and even greater you support the LV2go team :)

Is there anyway to get it work with GeForce 7 & 8 series?

This driver can theoretically be expanded to eventually support all GF8 GPUs. However, the GeForce 7 series does not support CUDA, and therefore cannot use this driver.

Not working with 175.16 on 8600M GS Vista x86

enabling physx in entry level gpus like 8200 and 8400 will slow down your game performance for a few extra rocks falling off. its not worth it, much better to put it in 8800 gtx and 9 series and gtx cards

BTW any1 see the price of a gtx 280? £470!!

so guys like us with 8xxx GS, GT Mobile series will never have the PhysX enabled no?

yes they can have physX support but it will lag them down because they are not powerful enough, 8800 series can cope with it though including 8800 gt

I just got this physx version working on my 8700M GTs with 175.95 with the Clevo INF. I have the GPU select option in non-SLI, and it works in SLI but no GPU select of course.

Time to go run some benchmarks.

Cyclone physx won't necessarily lag those cards down. In a game like UT3 the framerate should go up by a decent margin. Especially since without physx the framerate can drop by more than 60% with enough calculations going on.

Edit: Also got physx working with 175.80 in XP 64bit.

I can confirm that as well, got Clevo D900C with 8800m GTX card, got Phys X in Properties finally (didnt have it with 177.39) it works with 175.95 & the UT3 Runs much much better & smoother,

physxed9.th.jpg

wow lucky! so mobile chips do support physx... noice! :)

anyone get it to work with the 8600m GT?? please let me know with driver version!

thanks!

I tried with several drivers specially 177.39 the one that supposed to be PhysX supported, but not for the Laptop GPUs.

Then i read in this thread that 175.95 made the trick with the card,

Try it & see if it works for your card (depends on wich GPU you got) :) , you dont need to take the modified inf for the Clevo 175.95 driver, since the card is supported allready.

If its not working & you are not satisfied, uninstall the driver and the reinstall the driver you prefer.

Its god if someone mor confirms that the driver works on other cards :)

cheers

This driver can theoretically be expanded to eventually support all GF8 GPUs. However, the GeForce 7 series does not support CUDA, and therefore cannot use this driver.

i am sorry but you are wrong i am using the 177.41 driver and i have a geforce 7600 gt super clocked card.

with the physx driver installed also.

and everything works fine and dandy.

games look more alive then they did with the 175 series drivers.

i ve a feeling it's only software support...

PhyX requires CUDA, and CUDA runs only on stream processors...

GeForce 7 and earlier uses pixel shaders and vertex shaders...

try getting the Folding@Home GPU client, which is based on Nvidia's CUDA and ATi's CAL, and run, chances are u'll not be able to run it...

i can run folding @ home i done it before on my 6600 card before i bought this 7600.

and yes it was the gpu client folding @home.

this card is weird though it will only run drivers it is not supposed to.

the drivers that are made for it well it will not run on them.

i can even run vista drivers on it in xp.

i mean what did they do to this card when making it?

it is like it is some kind of clone to the 8 series card or something.

i can also run games at a high fps that this card should not beable to run at high fps.

like crysis and others.

don't know what they did when making this card but i like it.

re u refering to GPU or GPU2 client???

the former was designed to run on Radeon X1900 family (though theoratically it can run on other cards as well, as long as they re using pixel shaders)

GPU2 was first designed for Radeon HD2000 family, and later expanded to all Radeon HD faimily and Nviida GeForce 8 and later...

does anyone know if physx will make a differerence for Crysis gaming?

from what ive read crytek have their own physx engine..

Crysis doesn't install physx or need it to run..

So here is the $24,000 question (boy does that date me). Will the new and future releases of the PhysX driver actually work if you have a PhysX board? My laptop came with one (I had no choice) will the future CUDA enabled game support it? NVIDIA seems to indicate so but I wonder.

Bob

Yes. The new 8.07.18 release has options for either CPU, GPU, and PPU. Already you can choose which GPU you use in GPU mode. Although you can only run 1 mode at a time it seems. (can't run GPU and PPU together, ect)