LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Temperature

gregsta

Hi

Ive got laptop Dell XPS M1730 with Nvidia Geforce 8700m GT 256Mb x2 Sli can someone tell me how i can check what CPU i graphic cards temperature ? Thank you

In order to check the GPU temperature, you should download RivaTuner and run it. In the section of the window that says "Target Adapter" find the box which has the name of you GPU and click the downward-right facing arrow in this box. In the resulting menu, there should be an icon that looks like a computer chip with a magnifying glass over it. Click on this button, and click on the "Yes" button in the following message. A window will then appear with several graphs in it. One of these should display Core Temperature.

In order to check the GPU temperature, you should download RivaTuner and run it. In the section of the window that says "Target Adapter" find the box which has the name of you GPU and click the downward-right facing arrow in this box. In the resulting menu, there should be an icon that looks like a computer chip with a magnifying glass over it. Click on this button, and click on the "Yes" button in the following message. A window will then appear with several graphs in it. One of these should display Core Temperature.

ok thank you , i will give a try :)

You can also use the Nvidia system tools (6.02 i think is the latest.) This gives you the nvidia 'system monitor' which you can use to monitor your cpu, gpu and ram.

HWmonitor from www.cpuid.com will give you all temps

you can also use atitool, its much simpler because the temperature is desplayed in the start bar at the far right and easy to see

Guest Guest

I would also recommend Riva Tuner :) ..... and to handle the temperature of the notebook => RightMark CPU Clock Utility.

p.s. sorry for my bad english....i´m just learning :)

AtiTool FTW!!!

:) :)

AtiTool FTW!!!

:) :)

ATI HD4870 FTW yes,

ATItool for nvidia GPU's?

no.

seriously, Rivatuner is much easier to not only use, but will run in the background using virtually no resources.

ATItool is good, but IMO, Rivatuner is better.

but i used atitool to check my geforce gpu's temp tho...

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am using RivaTuner to monitorizing. Once you have instaled it, click on Customize, Hardware Monitoring, the bottom pannel shoulf show your card temperature. I am not sure about its accuracy.

Edited by daviromao

Rivatuner is very accurate imo