LaptopVideo2Go Forums

User defined resolutions on FX Go5200 64 Mb

Guest Jesper

Guest Jesper

Hello all

Incredible work you guys have done on the drivers - it has brought new life to my old toshiba laptop fitted with FX Go5200 64 Mb.

However, my external flat panel i running in 1680 x 1050 in 60 Hz as native resolution, wich I am having a hard time configuring the card to perfrom (is it physically possible for a card of that age to deliver a resolution that high?). This resolution is not mentioned in the list, so of course I am manually configuring it:

When I havre typed in the resolution, color depth and refresh rate and pressing "Add", it tells me that "The user defined resolution cannot be added" (sorry for translation errors, mine version is in danish). Why does it do that? It's actually as far as I get - has it something to do with the advanced timing setting? In that case, which values should I change?

Right now, I the card is performing 1400 x 1050, 60 Hz, which the screen renderers to 1680 x 1050 by stretching.

Thanks alot in advance.

Rgds,

Jesper

Have you remembered to set the option for allowing modes not exposed by the display?

Guest Jesper

Thanks for yr reply.

Hmm, were do I find that setting?

In the resolutions page, I have 2 boxes to check:

"Only show physical resolutions" and "Hide modes that this screen does not support"

Both unchecked.

you can try to use a newer driver like 174.74/175.xx with modded inf found here which include the resolution you are looking for by defualt.

Guest Jesper

Yeeeaaaarrr!!! The 174.74 did the trick. Amazing what you can get out of a graphics card of that age!

Now I just have the same problem with my other laptop feat. ATI Radeon Mobility HD 2300 in Vista - but I guess you can't help there ;-) Waiting for Omega to release their ATI drivers to Vista (works excellent with XP)

Thanks alot to both of you.

Rgds,

Jesper