LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for Alienware mALX

L'tty

Hi,

I just installed the 169.55 driver version using the 94.22 modded INF from the website. Although there is a message shown that for the activation of SLI the cards have to be plugged into x4 Slots SLI is enabled. Just try playing any game. The driver works fine (with power supply or battery) without a black/blue screen and SLI also is enabled although the config tool does not show the options to enable them. I also ran a benchmark which confirmed that SLI is working

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

This sounds promising but I must be doing something wrong, it wont install on my mALX

I have downloaded the 169.55 driver and extracted the contents to a folder. I downloaded the 94.22 modded INF file (file named nvcv) but when copying it to the driver folder it does not over-write anything. Shouldnt it over-write the existing INF file? I currently have the 169.09 drivers installed (great improvement on the two year old drivers alienware give out) but they are a bit on the buggy side. Was hoping I could get these newer ones installed and give Age of Conan another try.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Why don't you use the 177.41 drivers with the 177.41 modded inf?

Guest Guest

Hi Andrew

I'll give those a try. I honestly don't know a lot about this subject so didn't start installing drivers I wasn't sure about in case I messed up my system. Thanks for the response :)

Richard

Guest Guest

I'm confused.. isn't the most recent drivers with a modded INF the 169.09 ones?

Maybe you mean download the 177.41 from nvidia and then use one of the other INF files, but I'm not sure which one I should use if I tried that.

:/

• 2 months later...

You may want to try v176.09 from Clevo - no need for any modded inf. N.B. Use the link provided by M_P_E on that page as the 'download' at the top of the page doesn't work.

I installed them a couple of weeks ago and they work fine with Crysis and World in Conflict (the only games I have played so far with these drivers).

The only issue installing these is that after installing the second card the screen goes black. But don't panic - just wait a few minutes and hit enter. You should hear the Windows logging off sound and the machine will reboot. After reboot you will need to enable SLI using the Nvidia Control panel.

Good luck!