LaptopVideo2Go Forums

i cant overclock, pls help!

mhd4365

hi all, i just got a 8600m gs and got newest drivers from website.i used to have vista but i got xp aswell.now i am running xp(much better hehe).ANYWAY, i cant overcolock my graphics card using ntune.whenever i choose something and click custom settings, they change back to their normal rates.whats the problme?pls hekp.ty.mhd

Sounds to me like OCing is being disabled either by the driver or the BIOS. Have you tried other driver versions?

no, that was the first driver i got for the graphics card(new laptop)!lol.ty for ur reply

169.09 overclocks well in my experience

The original drivers tend often to be locked, so no overclocking. And if you install on the top of them, the new drivers may also stay locked - that was the case with my HP/Compaq. Only after driver cleaning the new drivers started to overclock - the latest one I use is 177.40 with the original INF which happens to support my Quadro card and overclocks via nTune or RivaTuner.

Guest mhd4365

i get an error saying

access violation at adress 004FE489 in module 'DriverSweeper.exe'.Read of adress 00000000

all of nvidia things were closed, eg tray icon and everything else.ty for help.mhd

remember to restart into safe mode, then run driversweep. otherwise the DLL files wont all be uninstalled

I use 177.41, and it works just fine for OC.

Guest mhd4365

lol still it doesnt work...hmm..can i send u a pic or vid or something on this forum?

also, i cant adjust gpu fan(on same page, just below oc section) or is that normal for all of us?

and i cant tune the GPU on the Tune System page, i can do all the rest (CPU,memory and PCI-E), is that also normal for all of us?