LaptopVideo2Go Forums

iTunes Cover Flow

itunesLag

I'm looking for the best driver to run iTunes coverflow. I have an xps m1530 with 8600m gt 256m, 2.5g duo and 4g ram. the dell drivers cause excessive lag for coverflow (especially in fullscreen). I don't use the computer for gaming but do have a nicely organized music library that I would like to run silky smooth when looking at the cover art (please no 'download something other than itunes' comments). Hopefully some of you had looked into this already and would share their wisdom.

Thanks

I would recommend installing the latest driver, 177.41.

After going through several drivers it seems 174.74 does the trick: very smooth cover flow, including full screen. Surprisingly, the latest driver 177.41 was not as smooth and after running itunes for a while, cover flow starts lagging again.

This is probably the fault of iTunes. Apple does not seem to know how to write proper code for Windows.