LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS m1730 driver issues

DarkSage44

When ever i try to install Drivers for my SLI 8800M GTX setup other then the stock drivers that came with it (167.55) anything that is white normally will be a yellowish color. I tried the 174.31 directly off the dell site they had it offered as a performance driver and i had this issue. I tried the 174.31 off of laptopvideo2go.com and it failed to install because it could not reconize hardware that needed it(I used the right INF file from the zip) I also tried the 177.4x off of Laptopviedo2go.com and i got the same issue. I was able to go back to stock and resolve the issue but its annoying as i would like to see if i can get any extra performance out of the newer forceware. Before you ask i used driver sweep to clear the registry and such but nothing seemed to work. Any suggestions to how i might fix this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DarkSage44

Edited by DarkSage44

When ever i try to install Drivers for my SLI 8800M GTX setup other then the stock drivers that came with it (167.55) anything that is white normally will be a yellowish color. I tried the 174.31 directly off the dell site they had it offered as a performance driver and i had this issue. I tried the 174.31 off of laptopvideo2go.com and it failed to install because it could not reconize hardware that needed it(I used the right INF file from the zip) I also tried the 177.4x off of Laptopviedo2go.com and i got the same issue. I was able to go back to stock and resolve the issue but its annoying as i would like to see if i can get any extra performance out of the newer forceware. Before you ask i used driver sweep to clear the registry and such but nothing seemed to work. Any suggestions to how i might fix this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DarkSage44

I really have no clue about your problem mate. Everything works fine for me with most drivers including the performance ones from DELL. The only thing I can think of is the color temperature settings...

I really have no clue about your problem mate. Everything works fine for me with most drivers including the performance ones from DELL. The only thing I can think of is the color temperature settings...

Its just weird, im going to give 175.19 drivers a whirl but i have a feeling its going to make my world yellow as well... but its worth a try lets see what happens.

what operating system are you running on? i suggest you go to laptopvideo2go.com and download the 169.09 driver for your operating system, and download the modded inf and copy it into your driver install files after you have extracted it. the driver is well awesome it can make my 8400m gs run crysis on high with about 10 fps :)

Have you tried tweaking the desktop color settings in the control panel?

what operating system are you running on? i suggest you go to laptopvideo2go.com and download the 169.09 driver for your operating system, and download the modded inf and copy it into your driver install files after you have extracted it. the driver is well awesome it can make my 8400m gs run crysis on high with about 10 fps :)

m170 SLI 8800 GTX

x9000 penryn xtreme due 2.8@3.0

4gb ram

Vist ultimate 32-bit and any driver i install makes the white colors yellow, i tired the 175.19 but it installed super fast and did nothing eve though it wanted me to restart so im back on stock drivers and accepting the fact that my bad luck with computers has transfered to my new laptop =/

Have you tried tweaking the desktop color settings in the control panel?

yea but there seems no way to adjust the whites only everything changes, also it happens in games as well so i do not think that would resolve the whole issue

• 1 month later...
m170 SLI 8800 GTX

x9000 penryn xtreme due 2.8@3.0

4gb ram

Vist ultimate 32-bit and any driver i install makes the white colors yellow, i tired the 175.19 but it installed super fast and did nothing eve though it wanted me to restart so im back on stock drivers and accepting the fact that my bad luck with computers has transfered to my new laptop =/

yea but there seems no way to adjust the whites only everything changes, also it happens in games as well so i do not think that would resolve the whole issue

If you fixed your problem I would be interested in knowing how because i'm having the same issue on my XPS M1730

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone advise if this problem has been resolved yet as it is happening on my machine too.

One thing that is strange is that if I leave it to sleep and then go back on it the yellow problem disappears but then comes back if i go into a game

Please someone help with this

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarkSage44
Can anyone advise if this problem has been resolved yet as it is happening on my machine too.

One thing that is strange is that if I leave it to sleep and then go back on it the yellow problem disappears but then comes back if i go into a game

Please someone help with this

Thanks

I still have not resolved this issue, i had just been using an external monitor which it does not happen on, if anyone actually has figured it out let me know.