LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Frame rate

Jonny5

Hello I don't know if all my specs are listed but I just got a Dell xps with a 256 geforce 8600m gt and the frame rate is terrible, I can only get 60hertz no matter what setting I am on, is there a driver that will fix this?

Thanks

Oh and I am running Windows vista Home

This is not a driver issue. It comes from the fact that Vsync is on. Simply turn it off in the control panel if you would like to see your frame rate (uselessly) skyrocket above 60. Most people cannot tell the difference between 60 and faster framerates, though.

I think your right I just noticed at work here my card is running at 60 and I can't tell. My real problem is getting Autodesks Maya to run with this card, it appears as if it is dropping frames so I assumed that its a framerate thing. but apparently it is not. This is a powerful graphics card it should be able to do this Maya had some issues with the Geforce cards but I have a geforce at work and I work in maya all day long so I wonder if it is because of Vista? any thoughts? Thanks for your help

I have heard of alot of people who have trouble with Maya on all types of cards. It could be because of Vista, because I know the DWM vsyncs itself no matter what you do, so this would probably limit the Direct3D framerate as well. Can you try it with the DWM off?