LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce FX Go5700-V

Guest Minde

Guest Minde

Hey guys i got Acer aspire 1523 Wlmi and the Geforce FX go5700-V (64mb) got fried while playing. So i took it to a Computer store and they tried to fix it for about a year... So i just got it back home and i took the video card out of the laptop is there a way i could get some replacement for it?

P.S. i know that the laptop is a piece of cr*p i just want to make sure that there is nothing i can do before buyng a new one.

42295186.jpg

It may be possible for you to obtain another card of the same type. It is definitely not possible to repair this one.

Guest Minde
It may be possible for you to obtain another card of the same type. It is definitely not possible to repair this one.

Maybe you know any distributer that would sell old vga's like this?

I don't. Sorry. But you could try Googling the part number or model number.

5700s are very rare - probably almost all have been burned already...

Acer did replace burned go5700/5650s with go5350s still last year I think. But they were very pricey compared to the performance.

wow i didnt know what a laptop graphics card looked like since i saw your picture, that is really screwed up and i dont think you can replace laptop models since they are designed for that particular model due to size and ports. i think you should get a new one, your graphics card is poo anyway

The go5xxx cards used by Acer were modular and proprietary, most probably not used in other laptops.