LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't play BF2 on my inspiron1520(8600m gt)

Guest Zafer Yalbuz

Guest Zafer Yalbuz

when I try to enter the game a black screen appears and then quits the game with no error.can someone please give me the link of ge force 8600m gt lastest driver? I downloaded many (169.05 165 .. 167 .. ) but it says this driver doesnt support your hardware.someone please help me.I need the lastest driver of 8600m gt for laptops !

You should download the latest driver, 177.41. Just make sure you also download the modded INF and place it in the same folder as the rest of the driver files.

You should download the latest driver, 177.41. Just make sure you also download the modded INF and place it in the same folder as the rest of the driver files.

No, try 175,80. I had problems with my 8600M GT in first. I also tried the new drivers. But New doesn't mean always better. So I did some searching on the web and found out that 175,80 was the best driver. With that driver I don't have any problems. try it, hope it also works for you.

175.80 is a good driver, too.

go to laptopvideo2go.com and download the 169.09 driver for your OS with the modded INF

the modded INF is very important since it makes sure your graphics card is supported.

after you have extracted the driver setup, go into the folder and copy your modded INF into the folder and it should replace a smaller INF, then run setup

I'm using the 177.41 drivers and just finished playing BF2 on an 8600M GT 512mb card. Everything worked fine here. :)

The only thing I noticed was that I couldn't set my resolution higher than 1024x768 (native is 1280x800). I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the game or a glitch with the modded drivers.

Your problem is most likely with the game itself. If you do some googling, you might find a solution for that particular game.

i found that 175.16 driver is very good for gaming :) very smooth playback :)

Your problem is most likely with the game itself. If you do some googling, you might find a solution for that particular game.

Well after doing some searching I found how to manually add different resolutions to BF2. I went through all the allowed resolutions from 1024x768 to 1280x800(native). BF2 wouldn't even start up on any setting other than 1280x800 and it crashed when I tried to go into single player. Guess I'm stuck at 1024... which is okay. Game plays fine and looks fine at that resolution on a 15.4 screen.

Thanks for the tip though... I found a ton of other usual tweaks and adjustments for BF2 in my searching. ;-)