LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with my compaq v3715au

Compaq-User101

Laptop model : Compaq Presario V3715AU

Display and : Geforce 7150M / nforce 630M

Chipset

Previous Driver : Nvidia MCP67M

Current Driver : 167.45

When I run a powerpoint presentation, the animation looks sluggish. The screen savers like bubbles and windows energy also looks sluggish. The animation of windows aero theme is also slowed down.

I can't run 2D games smoothly with it, 2D games such as bejeweled, and the rest of those found on msn games.

Is this a driver issue or 7150 really perform this way

You should try updating to 175.xx or 177.xx. This may help.

Are you sure? My GPU is 7150, not 8 or 9 series, are you sure this will work?

Edited by Compaq-User101

The 7xx0 series is still supported by the latest drivers. You should theoretically not have any problems.

I have just installed the version 177.41 driver, but its still not much inprovement in the performance. I have even turned off the powermizer but its still the same. is there any other way to solve this?

Edited by Compaq-User101

Could it be that the integrated chipset simply is not powerful enough to run Vista?

No, cause I have seen Intel intergrated graphics having no problems at all with windows vista

What is your Vista Experience Index for your GPU? People have complained about similar issues with the 7150M.

You got that right, my WEI is only 2.5 for 3d business and gaming graphics , I have seen a laptop with intel 965 GPU that scored 3.2 for that.

Yeah, people get the same crappy score on the 7150M. And you know what is the funny thing? On my 7000M, I get 3.3 for Gaming and 3.8 for Aero, and Nvidia says that the 7150M is the faster version of the 7000M. However, I do feel your pain (not even being able to run a power point presentation without lag.) It might be a driver problem. Try the 158.45 (old, yes I know but they work) drivers and tell me if you see any kind of improvement.

It seems Vista and Integrated Graphics are like Windows and Mac. They simply don't work very well with one another.

Yeah, people get the same crappy score on the 7150M. And you know what is the funny thing? On my 7000M, I get 3.3 for Gaming and 3.8 for Aero, and Nvidia says that the 7150M is the faster version of the 7000M. However, I do feel your pain (not even being able to run a power point presentation without lag.) It might be a driver problem. Try the 158.45 (old, yes I know but they work) drivers and tell me if you see any kind of improvement.

I am using 177.41 now. I have tried 169.45, I got a blue screen on start-up, and just can't get windows started unless I set it to safe mode. ...and... same thing happened when i use 158.45, no blue screen, but still can't start windows without setting it to safe mode.

It seems Vista and Integrated Graphics are like Windows and Mac. They simply don't work very well with one another.

integrated is alright, it uses your cpu power so if thats good then you shouldnt have much of a problem, i had a inspiron laptop with intel x3100 and i ran counter strike source with about 5 fps lol, my cpu was bad though, it was a pentium dual-core 1.8ghz so it was down to my slow cpu.

as for the laptop driver problem i think the solution is to go check for drivers from compaq or to download the 169.xx drivers from laptopvideo2go they are pretty good. as for vista, i recommend a graphics card with at least 128mb dedicated memory as it says in the system requirements, but you could disable aero to get better performence. also your vista experience index gives you a clue on how good your gpu is. nvidia geforce 7150m and 7000m are both integrated graphics and are not very good. i saw a geforce 7000 512mb at pc world, i tried to play GRAW 2in the pc it was in and it lagged so much, probably 3 fps lol XD :) :) :P

basically your gaming and aero rating for your gpu relies on some of your cpu aswell. i have an 8400m gs with amd turion x2 1.9ghz and i score 3.6 for aero and 4.4 for gaming and my m8 has the same graphics but a 2 ghz amd turion and he scores 3.6 for aero and 4.3 for aero. ive seen better scores with the same graphics card but on better intel cpus

Edited by cyclone93

I am using 177.41 now. I have tried 169.45, I got a blue screen on start-up, and just can't get windows started unless I set it to safe mode. ...and... same thing happened when i use 158.45, no blue screen, but still can't start windows without setting it to safe mode.

That's strange to say the very least. Anyway, if those drivers work for you then by all means keep it (177.41).

Intel integrated graphics > nVidia integrated graphics