LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gateway P-6831FX Gaming Notebook

mobilenvidia

gateway_8631.jpg

The result of this stagnation in the mid-range mobile graphics segment is that gamers will need to upgrade to a high-end GeForce 8800M equipped notebook in order to enjoy gaming performance similar to a mid-range gaming desktop system. While there are quite a few manufacturers building 8800M equipped notebooks, almost all of them are high-end products that demand top dollar for the pleasure. Gateway's "P-Series FX" line-up of 17" gaming notebooks seems no different at first glance. However careful inspection of product specifications reveals that their most junior P-Series FX model weighs in at just $1,349.99, a decidedly mid-range price point. Yet it's still powered by a GeForce 8800M, just like the rest of the otherwise high-end FX notebook line-up. This GPU choice alone potentially makes the junior P-Series FX model one of the best gaming and multimedia machines in the entire mid-range notebook price segment, so we couldn't resist taking a closer look.

Full review here

looks quite good, i wonder why there isnt any 8800ms for 15" laptops

There is, look Alienware M15x.

thats it i have to add you!!! :P :P :rofl: :) :) nvidia always wins ofcourse

Edited by cyclone93

Except for the CPU, for it's price, it looks great. I am going on Gateway's website right now to see if there are any models with better CPU's for similar prices! An 8800m gts would really put the GPU I have now to shame. Helpful post!

looks quite good, i wonder why there isnt any 8800ms for 15" laptops

There is the Clevo M860TU as well! :)

= Sager NP8660

nothing comes close to ALIENWARE....

i think we all know that the fujitsu amilo wins in the gaming laptop category....(NOT!!) dell xps m1730 and rock pegasus are da best!!!

Man, that makes me really unhappy with my current computer. Isn't technology wonderful? You buy something and as soon as you get it home there's something avaliable that's stronger and cheaper. I wish they mentioned the actual heat of the components rather than just mentioning that hot air came out of the vent. That's what it's supposed to do.

Edited by PhoenixReborn

i gettin a lappy for uni, must be a 15" at most and have a decent GPU any1 recommend anything? i thinkin about gettin a xps m1530 or m1330