LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can someone help?

Guest damstachizz

you dl the newest drivers? like 177.41?

174.93 :)

So you've tried no other drivers??

oh dear...is something wrong with you?the gpu reaches 100 celcius and you DON'T(??) want it to underclock?this is madness.you will kill your gpu and blame asus later! :) and please -forget- a modded inf that would not allow underclocking.because of that limitation you still have an alive gpu.man,take the G1 apart,CLEAN the vents and anything you see dust on,IF you know how to do it.(not that it is difficult).otherwise send it to an official repair shop.THAT SHOULD BE IT.oh and about the guy that proposed to overclock only 10%...nevermind...overclock it as far as your system is stable.but really,clean the laptop.dust is blocking the vents.and for the record,maximum acceptable temps for overclock in a laptop are 80- 85 (not so good) degrees celcius.after cleaning your gpu should be around 75 degrees fully overclocked and under load.good luck,and take care of your laptop so it will take care of you!

Everyone knows that overclocking a card reduces its life (heat not stability). so going higher.. like 20% is suicide (other than not human)... and expecting the warantee to cover this is very hopefull.. as we can always check and see various settings. I've had a lot of experience overclocking.. and when ive been doing it at more than 10-15% for 6 months, the card is pretty much usless for games.. always runs hot even when underclocked.. (fixable only with replacement)

as for your call about temperatures... every brand of computer is different.. some run at the mid 90's and thats considered acceptable for their system.. others are 80's and thats ok for them..

so the story goes like this... overclock you card as much as you want.. its your card, and its your money too. ; )

Edited by wook

oh so to become an enhanced member i need 244 posts? thats crazy!

i agree with you damstchizz, lets list all the drivers that you could dl from this site,169.09 thats good, 169.04 thats good, 177.41 didnt work for me, it made me lag when playing halo 1 lol XD 174.74 thats good,

dl the modded infs for ur OS aswell and happy experimenting :bananagroove: