LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need win xp 64 bit graphicdriver for my dell xps m1530

sunlite

hi,

i bought a dell xps m1530 notebook. what i did not know before is that dell only supports vista 32 bit. but i want to run windows xp 64 bit on my notebook. i can't find any display-drivers for my notebook and windows xp 64 bit.

before anybody asks, why i am going to use win xp 64 bit and not win xp 32 bit. i got a desktop-pc with 8 gig ram and intel-quadcore. therefore i got all my applications in 64-bit.

and really. i don't want to run vista 64 bit on my notebook.

so. please help me out guys ...

thx

hell god,

ok. got it. shoud read all the infos provided on this website the next time.

the problem was this modded inf-file.

now it works :) thx to this forum

Edited by sunlite

cool.. and its good you actually read it. most people post and hope others will do the searching for them. :)

Edited by wook

yeah!!!

hey sunlite does your laptop have any specs that need 64bit to function properly, for example 4 gb ram?

You do not need 4gb RAM to run 64bit properly. The difference is, with 64 bit, you have the possibility of having more RAM than 4gb, which is the max with 32bit.

i thought the max ws 3.5 gb?

The maximum amount of memory addressable by a 32-bit processor is 4gb. However, system memory is not the only thing mapped into the 4gb address space. You also have graphics ram, BIOS, adapter card add-in ROMs, and a variety of other things. Therefore, the maximum visible by the OS is lower.

why does everyone say you waste ram when having 4gb ram with a 32bit OS?

because, as Michael said, a lot of the RAM gets addressed else where... I have 4gb ram, of which i have 3326mb actually available.

damn i need 4 gb ram if i have more will i get more memory for turbocache?

Well its boosted my graphics RAM (from system) to 1407mb, from 767mb (when using 2gb) so can't complain about that. But i don't have turbocache, and im sure turbocache is set at a certain value, which will be 128mb for you? the rest will be system shared, like mine is....