LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell XPS m1710 w/ nVidia Geforce Go 7950 GTX

Guest AnhVu

Guest AnhVu

Can anyone recommend me drivers for my laptop/graphics card? I know it's not exactly the newest laptop but I think it should run COD4 better than 20 FPS on low settings... I've tried many, many drivers and have done a lot of research especially on these forums but I still have not found an answer. Can anyone help me out? I've tried 158.45,174.74, 175.80, and many more. Thanks in advance!

well... 2 of the ones you have mentioned are my persional fav. 177.74 and 175.80... maybe try 177.*

also you may want to consider overclocking using rivatuner

try 169.09 and 169.04, lol your laptop shouldnt be that slow i have pavilion dv9646em specs:

amd turion x2 1.9ghz

2gb ram

8400m gs 128mb and i can run cod4 on medium, 800x600 with 2x AA lol :) and gives me atleast 25fps lol (on vista this is) this lappy also cost me £600 5 months ago when i bought it and ur lappy still costs £899 now so i think u got ripped man.

Guest AnhVu

Well actually it doesn't run below 20 constantly but no matter what settings I use the FPS will drop below 20. I'm thinking it's because my GPU is overheating. It usually hits 91C and then drops again. Although one time I was able to play COD4 with everything maxed out for about 5 minutes before my computer shutdown due to overheating. I think I want to find a driver that can keep the temperature of my card cool. Thanks for your answers and I think I may try OC'ing if I can find a better driver!