LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer aspire 5520-5912

Guest nick

Guest nick

hi guys around christmas time i had gotten an acer aspire 5520-5912 laptop and of course im a wow finatic. i installed wow and started pla yong and everything went fine for like maybe 2 months then my wow started to like spike at random times and i know it was not my internet connection because i was connected straight to the router with an ethernet cable so i was wonderiing could this be my computer not having enough ram memory or something? o and my gamecard is a geforce 7000m

What do you mean it spiked?

your graphics card is an integrated one so its not very strong but it should still play smoothly, if i were you id do windows update and update everything and download 169.09 driver for 7000m

It's an problem that involves a bad combination of vista and our card. I have never been able to run WoW well but some people have reported that they have fixed the problem by downgrading to xp 32-bit.

yeh vista is not very good at compatibility, have u tried installing sp1?

i know from experience. Sp1 does nothing. Game still lags.

do you have enough money to buy another laptop?

He got that around Christmas, about the same time as me, and since his choice was a budget laptop, like me, I can probably make one small assumption. I highly doubt so. Good laptops these days are not as expensive as long ago but they certainly are pocket-drainers. I am saving up for a new laptop as well but I certainly am not going to buy the highest spec alienware on the market to play WoW. :)

He got that around Christmas, about the same time as me, and since his choice was a budget laptop, like me, I can probably make one small assumption. I highly doubt so. Good laptops these days are not as expensive as long ago but they certainly are pocket-drainers. I am saving up for a new laptop as well but I certainly am not going to buy the highest spec alienware on the market to play WoW. :)

well, my laptop cost me £600 when i bought it at pc world in december last year.

<---------specs on the side, seems to be a pretty good spec for its price NB: the laptop was discontinued right after i bought it though :)

right now im thinking bout getting another laptop after gcses, thinking about gettin a xps m1530 or an acer 5920G could u recommend one for me? plz i would like a portable laptop 15" at most, with a decent graphics card (like 8600m gs minimum) with about 2 gb ram. that should do for me.

600GBP is a GREAT price. Well I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. What month are you doing gce?

next year in spring term it think, im in year 10 atm hoping to get all A* coz im that ace

I'm doing maths and english next year. Leaving some subjects for the following year. Going back to laptops: The XPSM 1530 should be more expensive than the 5920G but performance should not differ by a lot (specs should be similar).

would they be about same size?

Yes, both are 15.4 inch laptops, but the dell is a power hungry xps which will be the death of you in battery mode. The simple looking acer is more practical to me.

in the picture, i though the xps m1530 looked a bit more compact and smaller than the acer, but the xps does have a 8600m gt whereas all the acer 5920Gs ive seen all have 8600m gs, the processors are similar though i think they both have core2duo 2ghz, although i think the xps looks better :)

I am now an 'enhanced member' :)

The xps does look better but isn't it going to pull more out of your wallet?

yeh, i think it costs about £700 to get 1 with a 8600m gt but only £549 to get acer 5920G with 8600m gs

Well if you're willing to put up the extra cash then do so. It does seem to be a lot of difference though.

added you to my friends list :)

Did the same.

woot woot, i add everyone i get along with, michael marley, navy dragon, you, mobilenvidia,

Everyone gets along with these people. I never heard of navydragon though.

he came and asked me to make him a 8600m gt (coz i woz chinese lol) but i said that was a joke and now we r m8s and he added me on msn

Interesting.

i wanna add an avatar on my profile but its a bit big, can it be downsized?