LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclock Dual 8600M GT's in SLI (Vista)?

ianisyourmaster

I havent really heard much about it, it seems people with just one 8600M GT are able to overclock, I'm not sure about in Vista but I know they can in XP, only problem is this laptop cant run XP. So if you know of any way to overclock both the graphics cards in Vista, please let me know!

Try the 169.04 or 169.09 drivers.

hey andrew those are my flag drivers!

Try the 169.04 or 169.09 drivers.

ok, I'm just afraid cause I dont see the Geforce Go 8600M GT listed in there and I really dont wanna mess up this laptop already haha

hey andrew those are my flag drivers!

I know. But since I tried them, I know why!

yeah they're pretty good :)

So even though I'm running vista and dual 8600m GT's in SLI, I should be good to go with one of the two drivers even though its not listed?

Guest chris

Hi ! I'm running the 175.19 on my Toshiba X200-21F (runs vista 32) my two 8600m GT are overclocked with rivatuner 2.09 like this: 637/1274/837,when running 3Dmark 06 I obtain 9092.

wow i didnt know yoou can get 8600m gt personally i dont think its worth making

Wow, I used the 169.04 and overclocked it in sli to: 644/1288/895. with no overheating, and it made my windows performance score in vista go up from 5.5 to 5.6 for gaming, and I noticed almost a 20-30 fps increase in some games, crazy! I love it, what to do next....

i have an x205-sli2 with dual 8600m gt in sli i have in the past used ntune 5.054 or whatever it was before 6.* i use the 177.41 drivers, the only thing i have found is powermizer doesnt work with sli enabled. oh, using vista ultimate 32. hope it helps :)

maybe you could ultra overclock it, though it might blow up your lappy

• 2 months later...

No i posted that quite a while ago, when those were the best. Currently your options are 177.92, 175.80, or 174.74.

When i say best i mean for gaming.

No i posted that quite a while ago, when those were the best. Currently your options are 177.92, 175.80, or 174.74.

When i say best i mean for gaming.

Hmm okay, well I already tried 177.92 and they didn't turn out so good (3dmark 06 scored higher with 177.83) so I'll try those two others. Not sure what the difference between 177, 175 and 174 is but ultimately it's their performance that matters to me.

Thank you.