LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newbie Help. Vista x64 Driver needed for Dell Inspiron 1720

Chrisoldinho

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty installing a driver for my Dell Inspiron 1720 that is compatible with 64 Bit Vista Ultimate.

the card is a GeForce 8600M GT. I realised early on that the Inspiron 1720 has no support for 64 Bit but have managed to find 64 Bit drivers for the majority of the incompatible software.

However when I tried to download the OEM drivers from the Nvidia site, the card isn't recognised?

On 32 Bit I simply downloaded the drivers from the dell site and it recognised my 8600M GT straight away, why won't it now?

Any idea what 64 Bit driver I need to use to get it working (latest one if possible) and how I go about installing it (i.e. do I just double click a .exe or do I need to use 'Have Disk' and select the appropriate .INF file) ?

Thanks, Chris.

Edited by Chrisoldinho

yeah this is really newbie. go to laptopvideo2go.com (this site) and click on download drivers and go on drivers for vista 64bit.

download the drivers you want with the modded inf. extract the driver folder and copy and paste the modded inf into the installation files. then setup and reboot :)

yeah this is really newbie. go to laptopvideo2go.com (this site) and click on download drivers and go on drivers for vista 64bit.

download the drivers you want with the modded inf. extract the driver folder and copy and paste the modded inf into the installation files. then setup and reboot :)

Thank you very much :)

One thing i've noticed however is that the latest drivers are 169.12 however on this site there are 175/177's now...

Chris.

Edited by Chrisoldinho

What is the latest driver then that has a modified INF to work with my Dell Inspiron 1720 8600M GT. Thanks :)

What is the latest driver then that has a modified INF to work with my Dell Inspiron 1720 8600M GT. Thanks :)

version 177.41 with the modded inf for whatever OS you have

found in the geforce drivers section

Edited by cyclone93