LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer AS 5520 G Nvidia 8600 GS

Valeriu

Hi there,

I have an Acer AS 5520 G with an Nvidia 8600 GS video card.

When i bought it, it run very well on XP. It was bought with no OS.

After 5 months, i upgrade it to vista 32 ultimate.

I wasn't sure it will work, so i had the bios upgraded from the producers web site, where it was mentioned to upgrade with the latest version.

Since then, my favourite game doesn't work anymore. I get the blue screen each time i open it. That happened for two mounts till yesterday when with Riva Tuner (i think) started, but only once after reboot and could play only one map. When the map changed, it freezed, and on second start of the game(without reboot) i got the BSOD (blue screen).

Even when i return to XP, i have the same problem, even if before vista i haden't.

Now, when i changed to vista sp1 because it was running very badly, the game doesn't work at all.

Can anyone help me? Please ? :)

By the way, the game is Counter Strike (steam on)

Edited by Valeriu

Guest chichi
Hi there,

I have an Acer AS 5520 G with an Nvidia 8600 GS video card.

When i bought it, it run very well on XP. It was bought with no OS.

After 5 months, i upgrade it to vista 32 ultimate.

I wasn't sure it will work, so i had the bios upgraded from the producers web site, where it was mentioned to upgrade with the latest version.

Since then, my favourite game doesn't work anymore. I get the blue screen each time i open it. That happened for two mounts till yesterday when with Riva Tuner (i think) started, but only once after reboot and could play only one map. When the map changed, it freezed, and on second start of the game(without reboot) i got the BSOD (blue screen).

Even when i return to XP, i have the same problem, even if before vista i haden't.

Now, when i changed to vista sp1 because it was running very badly, the game doesn't work at all.

Can anyone help me? Please ? :)

By the way, the game is Counter Strike (steam on)

I have an Acer AS 5720ZG, with an Nvidia 8600 GS me too

my problem is that I have installed XP sweet, and I coudn't install a compatible driver of nvidia

so, do you know a link from which I can download an nvidia driver?

or if it's possible for you, do you can send me the driver you have?

thanks

I have an Acer AS 5720ZG, with an Nvidia 8600 GS me too

my problem is that I have installed XP sweet, and I coudn't install a compatible driver of nvidia

so, do you know a link from which I can download an nvidia driver?

or if it's possible for you, do you can send me the driver you have?

thanks

If you give me your BIOS, i'll give you the driver. That ff you have AMD Turion 64x2 and not Intel. This is my YM (yahoo messenger) id

ioan_valeriu_mihai@yahoo.com

Give me a buzz for the driver. :) :)

Edited by Valeriu

I'm not sure i'm allowed to indicate you the link for the driver. Register here so i can give you a PM.

Edited by Valeriu