LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SLI Option Gone...

jezza1984

hi,

I'll be as descriptive as I can: I recently bought a Dell XPS M1730 with 2x 256 8700m gt SLI enabled cards. It has been working great until I installed a codec pack (CoreAVC), now the SLI option won't show up in the Nvidia Control Panel.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers in safe mode and installing them again using the drivers provided by the Dell Drivers CD (Plus newer drivers), would have CoreAVC have changed something? (I'm just guessing, because it uses the video cards to render, and besides, I'm new to Fixing Video Cards). And am I eligible for one of the modded drivers off this site for this problem?

I'm sorry if this question is already answered, and I'll appreciate all the help. All in all, I've basically lost support for the second card.

Guest snooper

Hi,

Did you simply tried to uninstall this codec pack ? When you installed this codec pack your system must have created a restoration point,try to restore your system at a point just before.

I did not think of that before, but it's too late now. The only other option I can think of is Opening up my laptop, locating the video cards, pulling out then putting both cards back into their adaptors, and hoping that Vista will recognize them. I really don't have a lot of options left.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zooterboy
I did not think of that before, but it's too late now. The only other option I can think of is Opening up my laptop, locating the video cards, pulling out then putting both cards back into their adaptors, and hoping that Vista will recognize them. I really don't have a lot of options left.

Had the same problem with my Alienware m9750. It didn't help to reseat the cards, I had another card shipped to me, that didn't work. They ended up replacing the motherboard...only took 3 weeks. :)