LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrading GeForce Go 6100 in Everex Stepnote... CPU Feasible?

im_to_hyper

Hey Guys!

I've been a lurker here forever, guess its about time I finally post, though!! I was wondering about upgrading the GeForce Go 6100 in an Everex StepNote ST5340T. Everex Support says it can be done, but will void my warranty unless its installed in an approved facility (on campus.) However, he failed to mention to me what sort of upgrades are available, and where I can find them. Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever?

Integrated graphics suck, it seems. I only have 1GB RAM, so maybe 2GB will boost performance. Because of this card, I only score a 2.5 in Vista, and it makes Aero definitely feel laggy at times. Driver updates may help? Not sure on that one, either. Maybe I should try it.

I've heard advice to install the Go 6150 to replace the 6100 for performance enhancements.

Also, I've got an AMD Athlon Dual-Core TK-53 1.7GHz processor -- any way to swap that with a Turion? This thing gets DAMN hot.

Edited by im_to_hyper