LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (Covert)

Covert

@Covert: That's interesting. I agree, 177.92 does have a good improvement over the last couple of drivers.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Covert

• coolcop06

• Mushu

• wulfe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@alexdino: About the "ENABLEPERFLEVELFORCING" registry tweak, I find it quite unstable. I haven't tried it myself but from reading the comments on that thread, it seems that some users are having problems with it. :)

@alexdino: About the "ENABLEPERFLEVELFORCING" registry tweak, I find it quite unstable. I haven't tried it myself but from reading the comments on that thread, it seems that some users are having problems with it. :)

The setting seem to work well for latest drive like 177.79 "for now",but i still havent have time to continuosly run Mass effect for 3 hours to see whether got any downclock as shown by 174.12, will report back if i find out. :)

177.92 OC'd at 575/813 and I am hitting just around 4300 in 3dmark06.

Edit: Installed the new PhsyX 8.08.18 driver and I hit 4364 with the same OC.

Edited by Twisteds7

Hey Covert, could you please bench 177.81 (also known as 177.84)? I don't know if its just my computer or not (M1530 8600MGT), but when installing 177.81 using original INF I get a significantly higher 3dmark06 score than with all of the other recent drivers (more than 100 points over 177.79 and 177.92). I don't play with too many dif games so I have a bit of hard time telling the dif between different drivers, but if you decide to bench this driver, please give it a try on some games and let me know your impressions.

Thanks

Hey Covert, could you please bench 177.81 (also known as 177.84)? I don't know if its just my computer or not (M1530 8600MGT), but when installing 177.81 using original INF I get a significantly higher 3dmark06 score than with all of the other recent drivers (more than 100 points over 177.79 and 177.92). I don't play with too many dif games so I have a bit of hard time telling the dif between different drivers, but if you decide to bench this driver, please give it a try on some games and let me know your impressions.

Thanks

Will bench when I get around to it. I just reinstalled Vista 32 because I bought a new 320GB 7200 RPM hard drive!!! :) need to set things up right then install 3dMark06 again so wait a bit or find someone else who as already benched that driver, I think there's a few other pinned benchmarks with all the latest drivers benched, though they won't be 8600 but should still give a good comparison.

Hi all from Russia ^^

update =)

Dell 1520 T7100 1800 mhz 8600GT 256 mb DDR2 685/550/1370 (gpu/memory/shader)

os Win Vista Ultimate

Drivers 177.66

3DMark06 - 4815 1280x800 (default)

4815mc8.th.jpg

need overclock cpu =))) How?

Yup. You can also set PowerSaverHsyncOn to 0

Where do we go to perform these registry tweaks exactly? I've used RivaTuner for a few other tweaks.

Where do we go to perform these registry tweaks exactly? I've used RivaTuner for a few other tweaks.

open "regedit" using the run command.

then just follow the path to the proper registry and change the values.

Hi all from Russia ^^

update =)

os Win Vista Ultimate

Drivers 177.66

4815mc8.th.jpg

WOW impressive overclocking at 685/550

Yeah. I cannot game with anything higher than 600/450 or else i start getting artifacts.

MAybe he just set it those clocks to run 3dmark but damn are using any cooling equipment. I could take my vostro to the freezer and do the tests i guess haha.

that is very impressive... i still get some problems at 620/810 (ddr3)

are you sure you've tested you clock speeds in actual gaming for 1-2 hours? because 3dmark 06 isnt enough stress testing for your card. 1-2 hours of actual gameplay is.

are you sure you've tested you clock speeds in actual gaming for 1-2 hours? because 3dmark 06 isnt enough stress testing for your card. 1-2 hours of actual gameplay is.

Put 3DMark06 Firefly Forest in loop mode for a couple of hours, it sure is.

Yeah. I cannot game with anything higher than 600/450 or else i start getting artifacts.

MAybe he just set it those clocks to run 3dmark but damn are using any cooling equipment. I could take my vostro to the freezer and do the tests i guess haha.

In Russia coldly ^^ =) he he he

I did the test 3DMark06 Firefly Forest 5 times!

Put 3DMark06 Firefly Forest in loop mode for a couple of hours, it sure is.

hmm very nice! btw what games do you play? i could get higher clocks when i play like CSS, but if i play battlefield 2 my drivers crash if i have the clock speeds too high... i guess battlefield 2 is just very graphics intensive or something...

ohh yea can you test 177.98 please?

thanks! :)

hmm very nice! btw what games do you play? i could get higher clocks when i play like CSS, but if i play battlefield 2 my drivers crash if i have the clock speeds too high... i guess battlefield 2 is just very graphics intensive or something...

ohh yea can you test 177.98 please?

thanks! :)

Done :)

Oh and sorry to the guy who wanted me to bench one of the older drivers, I haven't had the time :P

Not sure how you really measure the performance of these... 3Dmark seemed to be running ALLOT smoother while I was watching it but the results don't seem to show any increase :P counter-strike: source plays pretty much the same too, no real complaints with these.

Hi all from Russia ^^

update =)

os Win Vista Ultimate

Drivers 177.66

4815mc8.th.jpg

hi, pelmen`) you need to overclock your cpu or gpu? For GPU - better install 177.92 or 177.98 (use modded .inf) and download riva tuner for overclocking

http://nvworld.ru/downloads/rivatuner.zip

As for me - i couldn`t install 177.92, but successfully install 177.98 and enjoy it with Clear Sky)

hi, pelmen`) you need to overclock your cpu or gpu?

I wish to overclock my CPU (T7100 1800mhz L2=2mb, Dell inspiron 1520)

Excellent, hope to see future benchmarks from you. :)

Edited by Shaythong

I wish to overclock my CPU (T7100 1800mhz L2=2mb, Dell inspiron 1520)

Privet. First you should update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. Try this link ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/1520_A09.EXE

Then you can lift up your CPU`s frequences using BIOS. Visit www.overclockers.ru, there you`ll find some articles about overclocking.

Privet. First you should update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. Try this link ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/1520_A09.EXE

Then you can lift up your CPU`s frequences using BIOS. Visit www.overclockers.ru, there you`ll find some articles about overclocking.

Preved ^^

I know as overclock the desktop! it it is easy!!!

In a notebook there are no items of rise of frequency FSB, and frequencies of memory =(((

Preved ^^

I know as overclock the desktop! it it is easy!!!

In a notebook there are no items of rise of frequency FSB, and frequencies of memory =(((

preved. anyways we shall go to some special OC forums)

link plz ^^

i post it to you by private message. Have you received it?

http://faqpc.net/publ/2-1-0-30

there`s an article about CPU and GPU OC on example of ASUS F3Sv (nVidia GeForce 8600M GS 256 MB)

Dear Covert, remember when I asked you about the steps for disabling PowerMizer on Vista? I've heard people just change 3333 to 3322 on PerfLvlSrc and not modify the other ones. I think the steps you've explained in this topic are to disable PowerMizer fully and using just 3322 is just for disabling on AC but enable on battery? :O