• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• net.cat

• Michael Marley

• unlogic

• P.J

Works very well with my 8600M GS :)

Installed very easily and no problems as of yet...

Haven't run a 3DMark test yet but it boosted the FPS on Crysis in particular, stocked.

Nice driver for my acer 5920G: So far no problem... all my games have increased fps.

Intel Core2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz

3GB DDR2 667 ram

Geforce 8600m GT 256mb ddr2

160GB 5400rpm sata hdd

3Dmark 06 with default settings (1280 x 800)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Forceware 175.70|

3DMark Score 3531 3DMarks

SM2.0 Score 1416

HDR/SM3.0 Score 1336

CPU Score 1661

--------------------------------------------------------------

Forceware 175.80|

3DMark Score 3528 3DMarks

SM2.0 Score 1419

HDR/SM3.0 Score 1336

CPU Score 1640

Forceware 177.66|

3DMark Score 3913 3DMarks

SM2.0 Score 1619

HDR/SM3.0 Score 1474

CPU Score 1681

there is no MS WHQL, or it's just my vista is lying to me ?

No this is not a whql driver.

There is a problem here, when ever i boot my notebook the graphic will reset the it's digital vibrance to original value which is 0

I am using drivers 177.66 and when i start my laptop and it is not plugged in it has a blank screen. I can hear the sound windows makes starting up and the harddrive is loading but no picture if i start plugged in it is fine. if i go to standby and unplug and then come out it works fine. I now uninstall all the drivers and just the 177.66 PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! I have been struggling with this problem for a while and no one knows what drivers I can use. Someone with an 8700 dual XPS M1730 know any good drivers that perform well. I try playing grid racer on max res 12**x900 or something but as soon as i hav 2 x anti analysis it slows down dramatically. dual 8700 sli should easily handle more.

Edited by Nofearangel

• 2 weeks later...
You are right, it shouldn't be any different. But still, Halo 2 is not very well optimized on the PC platform.

Ok, you are talking about a game optimized for about 480p, and if PC users were running it at that resolution, it would fly.

Saying that it is not optimized for the PC is correct only in the sense the game 'even though old' is shoving around a lot of data for PC resolutions.

Considering it shoves hardware pretty hard, cranking the game up to 1024x768 or higher resolutions is just insane to expect the game to be as fast, especially when the original XBox GPU is not far behind a Geforce 5xxx series GPU, as it has both VS and PS support (yes even back in 2000)...

Additionally, 'not optimized on the PC platform', is really really wrong, if you understand ANYTHING about the XBox or the games, as they are basically PC games using the same Win2K kernel and DirectX variations...

Even games on the XBox 360 are just PC games compiled specficially for the XBox 360 variation of Win2003/DirectX, which is a precursor to DX10 in features. (Vista's video subsystem and DX10 both were designed from things taken from the XBox 360 development - Hence the needed unified shader architecture DX10 demands that debuted on the XBox 360 GPU.)

Ok, sorry to jump in on this, but if the person has an issue, it is an issue, and a generic, this game sucks or this game should suck on PCs is not very helpful or even correct in this case...

-TheNetAvenger

• 2 weeks later...

Great drivers

caused an upgrade in the WEI score for graphics from 4.5 to 5.9 .. Highly recommended :) !!

Cheers

Jack :)