LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which driver do you guys recommend for DMC 4?

Wayne_H

I'm now using 175.95 with modded inf on my laptop. I'm not satisfied with the performance of 8600M GT in :) May Cry 4, settings all high, 1280*800, no MSAA, no FPS limit, no V Sync. When there are lots of enemies, or multiple lights, FPS will fall and the character's action will slow down. This is no good news to me, cuz' I'm a 3D ACT fan and Capcom fan. All S is my goal. So I changed the resolution to 1024*640(it has the same ratio as 1280*800 so can also fullscreen), and the performance becomes much better. My question is: after I quit the game, the resolution is all right. But the next time I reboot the system, the desktop will turn to 1024*640. I have to set it manually to 1280*800. Nothing else. This never happened on modded 169.25. Since I think newer driver will have better performance, I updated it. Do you guys have the same problem with me? Or any better suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PS: I have also tried other version such as 177.40, and 174.xx, and so on. But they have other problems. e.g color error, texture error, resolution error. Totally speaking, the modded 169.25 is the best so far, but I wanna updated it.

I'm now using 175.95 with modded inf on my laptop. I'm not satisfied with the performance of 8600M GT in :) May Cry 4, settings all high, 1280*800, no MSAA, no FPS limit, no V Sync. When there are lots of enemies, or multiple lights, FPS will fall and the character's action will slow down. This is no good news to me, cuz' I'm a 3D ACT fan and Capcom fan. All S is my goal. So I changed the resolution to 1024*640(it has the same ratio as 1280*800 so can also fullscreen), and the performance becomes much better. My question is: after I quit the game, the resolution is all right. But the next time I reboot the system, the desktop will turn to 1024*640. I have to set it manually to 1280*800. Nothing else. This never happened on modded 169.25. Since I think newer driver will have better performance, I updated it. Do you guys have the same problem with me? Or any better suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PS: I have also tried other version such as 177.40, and 174.xx, and so on. But they have other problems. e.g color error, texture error, resolution error. Totally speaking, the modded 169.25 is the best so far, but I wanna updated it.

Try the latest driver in the 177 series.

I'm using the 175.80 Vista drivers. Maybe you are overheating. Try taking the bottom cover of your laptop off and plowing some compressed air through the fan out of the vents to get rid of dust.

Edited by Kobe