LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alternate methods of cooling

widescreen169

I thought i would be quite fun to find out the lengths as to which people do to cool their lappy's.

I for one right now have a slab of ice under my laptop and it helps with gaming. OC'd to 625/1250/850 and peaked at 91C so seems ok, without ice it would hit 3 figures and downclock itself.

I would like to know other methods of cheap and effective cooling.

Thanks alot

a slab of ice??? wth?

A cooling pad is the cheapest way, or try playing in an air conditioned room.

best laptop cooler ever made by me :)

1507080054ce5.jpg

I have Acer 5920G with 8600M GT 512, overclocked to 650/1600/500 and when I'm running games like UT3, GRID and COD4 the graphic card temperature never goes higher than 75ยบ.

The ice seems dangerous. What would happen if the water got into the PC and shorted it out? Then you would have a large, expensive Brick.

The ice seems dangerous. What would happen if the water got into the PC and shorted it out? Then you would have a large, expensive Brick.

Its all accounted for, the ice is in a plastic bag ensuring no water is drained into the computer. And it does work. It really does I've managed to overclock higher achieving great frame rates in games (assassin's creed with maxed everything including post processing and level 2 multisampling, 2xAA for those less learned, is almost smooth!) and gpu doesn't go above triple figures. I know that seems a bit high, but for those who own the xps 1530 will know that with overclocking it can get pear shaped.

Anyway I know about coolers etc, this thread was for alternate fun cheap ways of cooling and also a bit of fun experimenting and finding out results.

Well, I'm too cheap to get a cooling pad. So instead, I find a book without a smooth cover and prop it under my laptop to elevate its rear. Then, I get a fan and point it at the back of my laptop. Not only does it keep my laptop from going above 81 degrees Celsius, it also keeps me cool.