LaptopVideo2Go Forums

adobe active x and direct x

edat362007

I'm having some graphics issues atm and I just wanted to ask if having adobe active x and direct x both installed would or could cause me any issues?

they shouldnt do.

direct x is needed for max compatibility with D3D games.

you can grab the latest version on microsoft's site

ActiveX is not an Adobe product, but a Microsoft product. If you do not already, you should go to getfirefox.com and download the Firefox web browser instead of Internet Explorer. It is much more secure, as it does not use ActiveX at all.

ActiveX is not an Adobe product, but a Microsoft product. If you do not already, you should go to getfirefox.com and download the Firefox web browser instead of Internet Explorer. It is much more secure, as it does not use ActiveX at all.

its actually adobe flash player activex but i'll give firefox a shot. I'll have to uninstall IE right?

I'm having a little problem trying to figure this out. This morning I turn my laptop on and go to log on to RS and when the log on screen comes up it has a studder to it. The studder continues even after I close the game out. The last thing I did last night was defrag my pc then shut it down. I am absoultely lost with this and dont know where to even start. I've got latitude d800 with a geforce4 4200 go, bios ver 4.28.20.31.c1 and driver ver 6.14.10.6742. I sure could use some help.