LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Travelmate 5720G HD2400XT to 8600GT swap

Guest Jez

Hi,

I have a Acer Travelmate 5720G which came with a HD2400xt card.

I bought the Acer 8600GT card off ebay but when I install it, the laptop just beeps and I dont get any display at all. They are both MXM-II cards

After looking at the forum posts, do i need to flash the bios or do anything else, i thought as it is supposed to be an Acer card it would just work!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Guest

Hi!

If you bought really the 8600M GT with Acer bios you should contact the seller. The point is that you bought the Acer card to avoid flashing. Maybe you get a damaged card. Did you pull out and reinsert the card?

Guest Maico

the HD2400x is ATI. i don't think its compatible with the acer that has an nvidia card. i read it somewhere in on the forums.

did you ask the seller if its compatible?

Guest Guest
the HD2400x is ATI. i don't think its compatible with the acer that has an nvidia card. i read it somewhere in on the forums.

did you ask the seller if its compatible?

I changed a HD2300 to 8600M without any problems in 5710G!

hardware is compatible, the vbios is not, same with my acer 4520G, doesnt take in asus c90 8600GT but works perfectly with 8600 with acer bios

get 5520G or 7920G to flash the card to acer bios, then you can use the card in your acer

btw what was the original laptop of the card? is it asus c90?