LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Rivatuner and overclocking 8600m GT

miaow

Hi,

Before i sent my laptop back to dell to replace a faulty harddrive i was able to overclock quite nicely. I could stable OC to 612/480mhz. but since installing the same 169.04 drivers i can only overclock maximum to 536 clock.

The hardware monitoring suggests that the clock is actually 580 though which puzzles me because the monitoring used to match. When overclocking past this point the Core Clock jumps straight down to 100mhz.

Before i could also set boundarys for the temperature change. E.g Fan speed to 100% if it reaches 70 degrees. But now there is no option in hardware monitoring.

I downloaded the 169.04 drivers and modified INF and have been using them since my first OC. i didnt redownload them is that a problem? Or maybe its because of the version of Rivatuner, i heard that some people are having trouble with 2.09.

Can anyone upload or send a link for version 2.08 or advise me on what to do

Guest Guest

No matter how stable my 8600m gt seems with any type of OC, low or high, at the end i still get BSOD or the computer just shuts down randomly. What i do is just upgrade from 169.xx to 17x.xx. Gives me way much performance similar to an overclock with 169.xx but without the fustrations of freezing or crashing. I know this probably wont help u but just thought id post something today :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with Rivatuner (the 100 Mhz thing). However, when I check my clock speeds in GPU-z, the correct clockspeeds come up. Rivatuner's hardware monitor is seriously messed up.

The comment above is quite true.

I have the same problem. I just ignore the Hardware Monitor, except for the GPU temp.

Agreed. Mine says its 100Mhz, then when i use the 2D it says its 280Mhz. Just ignore it. Might be fixed in a later vesion.

Why are people still using the 169 series for overclocking? the new ones overclock fine and give increased performance on top of that.