LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Good Gaming Notebook for Spore PC?

grgry

I pre-ordered Spore for PC, but I first need a new computer. I was looking at Cyber Power's Xplorer X5-5850. For Spore you need a video card that needs support for Pixel Shader 2.0, the video card for the Xplorer is NVIDIA GeForce GO 8600M-GT 512MB Video, and I have no idea if it can support the Pixel Shader 2.0. Will it support it? If not What would be a good Gamers laptop for lots of gaming, and work? :)

I pre-ordered Spore for PC, but I first need a new computer. I was looking at Cyber Power's Xplorer X5-5850. For Spore you need a video card that needs support for Pixel Shader 2.0, the video card for the Xplorer is NVIDIA GeForce GO 8600M-GT 512MB Video, and I have no idea if it can support the Pixel Shader 2.0. Will it support it? If not What would be a good Gamers laptop for lots of gaming, and work? :)

yea... all 8600M GT's are dx10 cards and support up to pixel shader 4.0. so your good on that.

although i would suggest getting SLI 8800 GTX's that would be awesome. or if money is a definate issue try to go for the 8700M GT.

the 8600 is good but not the best.

also off hand id say try to get at least a 2.4 GHz core 2 duo cpu (2.6 would b awesome), and 3GB of ram for sure, and if possible a 7200 rpm hard drive for faster loading times.

that would make a pretty solid notebook for an okay price..

Edited by coolcop06

Supported Video Cards

# NVIDIA GeForce series

# FX 5900, FX 5950

# 6200, 6500, 6600, 6800,

# 7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950

# 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800

coolcop06 is right of course, but as you're probably trying to get more than 30 seconds out of your battery that notebook will run spore with ease.

Definitely take the option for a 7200rpm drive if you can.

These two links give you an idea of the difference between the 8600 and the 8700. It's quite significant. (Scroll down for charts)

8600m GT

8700m GT

coolcop06 is right of course, but as you're probably trying to get more than 30 seconds out of your battery that notebook will run spore with ease.

Definitely take the option for a 7200rpm drive if you can.

These two links give you an idea of the difference between the 8600 and the 8700. It's quite significant. (Scroll down for charts)

8600m GT

8700m GT

mm yes... so those are the only cards supported above? then go with the 8800 for sure... and keep in mind the specs i listed above also :)

and the 7200 rpm hdd does make a difference... contrary to what ppl may say ive seen a significant difference between 5400 and 7200 rpm hdds