LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dox's Customised Clevo INFs

Guest Jay Antoney

Hey All,

took me a long time but i got it in the end...YAY it works

For all the new people reading this forum you need to down load the driver (in red at the start) then download the INF file at the bottom of the first post...

again (nv4_disp.inf = XP) (nv_disp.inf = Vista)

Extract the driver by double clicking it

then save and OVER RIDE the origional INF file inside the extracted folder, with the one downloaded above....

i was under the impression that the INF had already been put into the driver download but it is separate!!!!...

Thanks again for the driver INF... saved me!

Jay

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• pival

• tugausa

• josche44

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed the drivers everything went smoothly using the Have-Disk method. Then i restarted the laptop and i got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! Help! I restarted from last known working point. I have an 8600M GT card in my Ibuypower laptop. Was so happy to finally see a driver that supports that but it didnt work. Any advice? Thanks!!

hi,

can you please tell me what OS you are using?

and the model of your clevo laptop?

thanks.

all i can say now is make sure uninstall the in control panel before you install a new one.

So go to add/remove programs

unistall nvidia driver

restart

and install mine

hi,

can you please tell me what OS you are using?

and the model of your clevo laptop?

thanks.

all i can say now is make sure uninstall the in control panel before you install a new one.

So go to add/remove programs

unistall nvidia driver

restart

and install mine

yeah I did that. using driver sweeper and all that jazz as well. I am on vista 64. I have a ibuypower i am starting to think its not a Clevo though. as it wasnt one of the two models ibuypower has that are Clevo's. But i can't find drivers anywhere else for my 8600M GT.

TOSHIBA USERS Warning .. I've been having blue screens, had to do recovery after installing this inf on my toshiba system! Peace

Edited by UB313

Guest sterben

I too have had problems with the vista64 inf. I have a clevo m57ru (sager np5790) and when I tried to us the vista64 specific inf it gave me a BSoD on bootup, said something about nvlddmkm.dll not responding and immediately reboot before getting to the login screen of windows.

Pieter's works fine, though.

Guest Sterben
I too have had problems with the vista64 inf. I have a clevo m57ru (sager np5790) and when I tried to us the vista64 specific inf it gave me a BSoD on bootup, said something about nvlddmkm.dll not responding and immediately reboot before getting to the login screen of windows.

Pieter's works fine, though.

I should have added, I'm familiar with the removing/adding of drivers (driversweeper in safe mode, driver cleaner pro, etc) so this was done.

Well, what ever issue this INF has with x64 Vista.... it's a bad one. Blue screen at boot and a lot more problems that follow. Even after using driver sweep etc, I am experiencing odd occurances in performance. Hopefully this gets fixed, not even the original INF works. All the other drivers are great, but this time I regret testing the newest one out before I know they are solid :) .

NP5792

8800M GTX

Updated Bios

Well, what ever issue this INF has with x64 Vista.... it's a bad one. Blue screen at boot and a lot more problems that follow. Even after using driver sweep etc, I am experiencing odd occurances in performance. Hopefully this gets fixed, not even the original INF works. All the other drivers are great, but this time I regret testing the newest one out before I know they are solid :) .

NP5792

8800M GTX

Updated Bios

Weird... works rather perfectly for me on my 5793 ....

thanks for the feed back guys.

unfortunately, I've only tested vista x86 and not x64 inf, however they are very similar and i assumed they are fine.

just to be sure...

make sure you use the vista x64 inf on the vista x64 driver!!

however one user is reporting that it works fine on his x64 system.

I'll have another look and upload a newer build later.

regards.

EDIT: if people having could try installing the vista x64 drivers by following this guide please: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18585

what games support physx at this time????? or does it support all games???

by the way, nice driver, nice that it supports physx, but in you inf is no support for my 8800m gtx!!!

np9262

Edited by danny_christ

what games support physx at this time????? or does it support all games???

by the way, nice driver, nice that it supports physx, but in you inf is no support for my 8800m gtx!!!

np9262

some games are supported like unreal 3, not sure what else.

what inf version are you refering to? xp/vista//vista x64?????

ALSO for those with problems with vista x64 see the first post:

*D* Updates/Releases

Update: New Builds for Vista x64 2008-08-14

Some users are reporting problems with the vista x64 build of my infs.

I am not sure whether it is the inf or due to the driver itself as a user reported it to be working fine with his system.

Regardless I've uploaded for different builds of my infs for those with problems with the released version.

Build 1 = clevo default INF settings modded to be compatible with 177.83

Build 2 = d3d/ogl tweaks removed

Build 3 = removed tweaks to do with sli/thermal/powermizer etc

Build 4 = "next release" alpha, added a few experimental settings

It would be great if those with issues try these builds and see what works.

If none works then try pieter's inf from the relavent thread.

If one of them works I can determine the culprit to your woes.

Download the new trouble shoot buil from below: vistax64_troubleshoot.zip

thanks for the feed back guys.

unfortunately, I've only tested vista x86 and not x64 inf, however they are very similar and i assumed they are fine.

just to be sure...

make sure you use the vista x64 inf on the vista x64 driver!!

however one user is reporting that it works fine on his x64 system.

I'll have another look and upload a newer build later.

regards.

EDIT: if people having could try installing the vista x64 drivers by following this guide please: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18585

I used the correct driver and INF... I was rather suprised myself :O. Anyways at boot it hits the blue screen and has a problem with the nVidia driver. Same with the original INF... no idea what's wrong.

Guest sterben

Well, as I said before, Pieter's inf works for me, both with the drivers I downloaded directly from nvidia as well as those posted here. With the clevo specific ones, either the driver doesn't seem to install correctly and/or I get a BSoD upon windows start.

I use readydriver plus to always disable driver signing enforcement :)

I will try each of the different new INFs out later on tonight when I get home and see if they do any better. Thank you for taking the time to get together a Vista64 version; I was jealous of the XPers when you first started doing the clevo specific ones and so I will do what I can to help troubleshoot this

please try the troubleshoot infs in the zip folder and see if it will work.

I'm guessing it *may* just be a driver issue with that os.

i use xp..... but if i compare your inf with an other from clevo (sager) there are more 800m gtx supported.

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX"

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.4 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

but in your inf not.......

so i cant install the driver, with your inf =(

I've been looking forward to a Vista x64 release for a while now! However, i've tried using the original as well as the troubleshooting inf's, and for all of them I get a BSOD on windows startup, and have to uninstall in safe-mode :)

Hope it can eventually work! :)

Edited by kingblah

i use xp..... but if i compare your inf with an other from clevo (sager) there are more 800m gtx supported.

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX"

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_060C.4 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX "

but in your inf not.......

so i cant install the driver, with your inf =(

I am on xp and have an 8800MGTX

trust me when i say it will install :)

basically the default sager inf has the sub id listed and will only install on the laptops with those sub id (there are four sub id for 8800MGTX)

i've removed the sub id which means I only need one entry of 8800MGTX and it will install on any laptop with an 8800MGTX, regardless of its sub id.

I've been looking forward to a Vista x64 release for a while now! However, i've tried using the original as well as the troubleshooting inf's, and for all of them I get a BSOD on windows startup, and have to uninstall in safe-mode :P

Hope it can eventually work! :)

=/

sorry about that :P

Hopefully the next release will be better,

it may be a driver issue and not an inf.

to make sure have you tried using pieter's?: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=20089

thanks

Yeah - it installs fine using pieter's INF. Shame I can't get it to work with yours :)

Guest sterben

Ok, So last night I tried the new troubleshooting builds. I had a lot of trouble getting #1 to install, but eventually it did after a few reboots/driver sweeping and it seemed to be ok. I tried #2 and again, it took a few tries and when finally it installed it gave me a BSoD. So, I tried going back to #1 and for the life of me it just wouldn't install again. I was using the 'have disk' method and it kept saying 'device not found' even though the 8800M GTX came up when I gave it the inf as input. (for the record, I kept overwriting the inf in the driver directory and using that). I tried #2 again and same thing. Finally I tried Pieter's and it installed immediately.

I didn't bother trying #3 or #4.

Anyway, maybe this will help but sorry I couldn't give you anything more definite. #1 -did- seem to work when I got it working, but it did really take some doing (lots of reboots, safe modes, driver sweeps, not sure what I did that eventually got it to work to be honest).

thanks for the feedback,

will look into it further :)

I've removed the vistax64 inf for now and will reupload once a fix is found, regards.

Same issues. BSoD on the initial x64 Vista, method #1 actually crashed on install for me.

Thanks to the Guest poster above me I did not bother with #2.

Let us know once you've fixed x64 Vista -- I really do appreciate these kinds of things.

very good, i will try it....

can you modify the inf or installer for windows server2003!!! please and send it to me, or tell me how to do it...

Same issues. BSoD on the initial x64 Vista, method #1 actually crashed on install for me.

Thanks to the Guest poster above me I did not bother with #2.

Let us know once you've fixed x64 Vista -- I really do appreciate these kinds of things.

ya I'm working on it,

and i think i've cracked it :)

I'm just waitng on confirmation :)

very good, i will try it....

can you modify the inf or installer for windows server2003!!! please and send it to me, or tell me how to do it...

since its for clevo laptops only and clevo themselves dont support that os i wont be releasing an inf for it.

regards