LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with changing original acer aspire 5100 bios

rocket61

i wanted to change the limit for the video memory as for i have 2gb of ram but it will only allow 256 to be dedicated towards video memory.

it would also be neat to change the fan speeds and overclock from the bios menu

its the original bios that came when i bought it.

settings are limited on it because its an acer

You can't change ded. video memory. You can overclock with ntune, atitool or rivatuner.

alright. thanks for the reply.

i still want to be able to change and clock settings from the bios and i heard people can change fan speed and stuff too.

plus, the notebook is about 14 months old, i want to update the bios anyways

I highly doubt you will be able to overclock the CPU or adjust the Fan Speeds from the BIOS menu of a Notebook. Using some sort of BIOS editor program, you might be able to change the values within the BIOS, but I would not recommend it. Tinkering around with things in that way can break them before you can say OC.

You almost certainly won't be able to bios overclock or do much else for that matter. That's what atitool and riva are for. About changing fan speed, simply impossible.