LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT 177.66 / No OC options in NVIDIA control panel

ChiggyPeppi

OK, I'm a little new at all this, so maybe I'm just missing the freight train here...

Why after installing the 177.66 with modded inf, I can't see any of the overclocking features in the NVIDIA control panel?

Isn't it supposed to be there?

I can use RivaTuner 2.09 to o/c stuff, but something tells me I should also be able to access it in the control panel.

I have attached a screen shot of my control panel.

post-27472-1216675279_thumb.jpg

You will not see OCing options in the Nvidia CP unless you install nTune. However, I believe that nTune cannot overclock mobile GPUs anyway. By the way, what is the highest stable overclock you have achieved?

Ntune is able to oc any card that uses an nvidia motherboard (nforce.)

Thanks guys, got it working, I had installed Ntune at one point, but I guess it got jacked up during a driver install and it wasn't working. I then forgot I had to install it in the first place... so I came here.

I reinstalled it and solved the problem.

I can't control my fan, but from what I was reading, it seems that I may not have a separate fan for my GPU on this system, so that may be why.

Oh, btw, I'm currently at 550/1100 and 780 memory, I haven't ever had a problem yet, so I keep stepping it up slowly, I'll let you know when I find the limit.

THANKS AGAIN!