LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

I will begin working on it as soon as the above-referenced FTP server becomes available. I am also thinking of writing a Howto Roll-your-own Sigmatel/IDT driver.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Hannes The Hun
I am also thinking of writing a Howto Roll-your-own Sigmatel/IDT driver.

that would be totally awesome! I actually tried messing around with the IDT drivers, but they're really strange drivers. I'm just pissed that DELL didn't use Realtek chips as their drivers are frequently updated and install with every hardware.

btw anybody had luck installing these IDT drivers on a XPS M1530 (XP x86)? the dell reference drivers sometimes cause strange jerky sound when the system is under load, i hate this...

Yes, me too. I like RealTek's audio chipsets. (But their network chipsets are total crap!)

hmm... well since I last posted I have upgraded to Vista Ultimate x64.

but I am still getting "Error Code 10"...

is there something I can do on my own to fix this??

thanks

Guest Hannes The Hun
Well, I finally have sound. Someone went through most of the gwy drivers and found one.

Details in this thread for those who are having the same problem as I.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=280067

these drivers are way older than the ones I found at DELL, at least for good ole' XP pro x86

still waiting for new ones that work with my XPS M1530, but I'm confident that michael will take care of

btw never had *real* problems with realtek network chips, the 8139 was one of the most common network chips ever found in systems. of course nowhere as good as a 3com or intel, but it was okay. but that brings me to the marvell chip (only 100 mbit) in my XPS and my stomach gets upset.. must stop this...

:)

Yes, I really wish Dell would just use the Intel integrated gigabit networking, rather than throwing in some Broadcom or Marvell chipset. It would be cheaper and better....

Latest version: AUD_allOS_6033.2_PV_IDTGUI_v124.exe version: 6033.2 v1.24

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16741/eng/...IDTGUI_v124.exe

6033.2 v1.24 + attachs = do not work

5790.3 + attachs = work

Windows XP SP3 Pro

Also I have " ***IDS_CPL_NAME " element in control panel, wich do not work, and I dont know how to remove it

Edited by zog

I am aware of this updated 6xxx driver. However I have not been able to make it work, at all. It simply gives a Code 10 error. To delete the erroneous control panel icon, just delete stacgui.cpl from the C:\Windows\System32 folder. (C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if use use XP x64.

The FTP server is up now, and there is a completely new, and much easier, download format for the package. However, the drivers have not been updated yet. This will be very soon.

thanks for your help, now its ok

btw, right now link in first post gives error 404, just informing you, I think we need to wait

Edited by zog

Sorry. FTP server problems. For some reason, files above 1MB cannot be uploaded, it always produces an error. It is being worked on.

OK. FTP server appears to be working again.

well i ran the setup bit it said the device was not found when i tried to install...

Well, the problem with Vista and the XPS m1530 should be fixed now. The problem was that some DLLs that were included in the original Dell driver that were (obviously) not included with my Modded INF and INI pack. When I created the complete downloadable archive, I only extracted the zip files into the driver folder, so the archive did not contain the files. However, now the files have been added and the archive re-compressed and re-uploaded, so everything should work now.

Now to get started on Gateway laptops.......

@ Michael Marley

i tried your drivers in my desktop Dell Dimension 9100 with sigmatel sound (Carte audio SigmaTel STAC9220 A1 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]) but they didn t work an error appeared _exiterror and said i had to reboot but i rebooted and same thing

Right now, its just for Dell Laptops. Desktop support will be added soon. (It is quite time-consuming to prepare all of the INIs which are necessary to support all the models.)

yay! it works!

how come you dont use the latest drivers that are out though?

Right now, its just for Dell Laptops. Desktop support will be added soon. (It is quite time-consuming to prepare all of the INIs which are necessary to support all the models.)

Thanx I will be waiting :)

I have installed the new package, I have sound (I have to copy manually the control panel to Windows\System32) but I have SPDIF output instead of HDMI. I don't know if it's only a typo mistake, for instance I can't test if I have sound on the HDMI output.

Thanks for updating our drivers ^^

@ XinHong, HDMI is one of those specific, proprietary things that appears to be different on every laptop. As my laptop doesn't have such a port, I cannot really test it. However, if you have a problem, still feel free to report it, there may be something I can do.

@Coolcop, I am really glad it works now. I was afraid there might have been some sort of version mismatch error, since I copied a few files from the older driver into the new one. The reason I do not use the latest driver is that I cannot seem to get it to work without giving the ol' Code 10 message. My best guess is that support for the older chips is no longer present in the latest driver (6033 from Intel.) If you can find a 5xxx driver later than 5790, please tell me.

With the new installer, I don't seem to have the control panel application in the install directory anymore. This was present when adding the modded inf manually. Any reason for this?

The control panel still should be in \WDM\<your_os>\idtsg.cpl. It was when I packed it.....