• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure. On all future updates, I will do this.

Guest J Mayfield

Thanks,

I bought my wife a new Dell XPS 1530 and she hates Vista and had guys at work reload XP for her, but they couldn't get the sound drivers to work. Your file works like a champ.

Thanks again.

Michael I got the drivers to install on my Vostro 1400 finally using the "Have Disk" method. Thanks for these!

One thing though, there is a problem I have been having with my sound (not only with your drivers but with Dell's official and the ones that come with Vista). I get a slight click in the beginning of any sound I play. Do you have an idea regarding what might be wrong?

Thanks

Sorry for the stupid question... Where can I download the drivers?

The setup.exe from the first post seems to be from Juli, 22nd...

Thanks

Michael I got the drivers to install on my Vostro 1400 finally using the "Have Disk" method. Thanks for these!

One thing though, there is a problem I have been having with my sound (not only with your drivers but with Dell's official and the ones that come with Vista). I get a slight click in the beginning of any sound I play. Do you have an idea regarding what might be wrong?

Thanks

This is due to how Vista handles audio. It is not a problem but a "feature." I think it is designed to save a minuscule amount of power.

Sorry for the stupid question... Where can I download the drivers?

The setup.exe from the first post seems to be from Juli, 22nd...

Thanks

These drivers are available for download from Intel. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...onal〈=eng

This is due to how Vista handles audio. It is not a problem but a "feature." I think it is designed to save a minuscule amount of power.

Is there any way to disable this "feature" Michael? This really causes a problem when a program plays different sounds separated by small intervals. It sounds like sound1 click sound2 click sound3 click which is extremely irritating.

Other than upgrading to XP, there is no way I know of.

Hi Michael!

I still have some trouble installing your modded driver. Actually I have the error code 10 despite the fact that I am using my DELL Laptop with Vista x86.

When I install it (clean install), everything is going well and the sound is working, but I am invited to restart my computer. Then I get this code 10 error and nothing is working anymore.

Here is a description of my soundcard:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CE&REV_1022

I don't get it since the model is listed in your INF...

Please tell me what's wrong with this modded driver and my laptop.

Cheers!

PS: All this topic is great and I really appreciate your work!

Because Michael's included driver is outdated, I have compiled the latest known Sigmatel version available, 5866. There are newer IDT versions available, but as Michael has encountered they are more difficult to mod. My modded package will work for the following Dell setups:

Inspiron 1420

Inspiron 1520

Inspiron 1720

Inspiron 1721

Latitude XT

Latitude D420

Latitude 120L

Latitude 131L

Latitude ATG D620

Latitude D520

Latitude D620

Latitude D820

Vostro Notebook 1400

Vostro Notebook 1500

Vostro Notebook 1700

XPS M1730

XPS M1710

XPS M2010

XPS M1330

XPS M1210

XPS/Inspiron M140/630m

OptiPlex 740

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M65

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90

Other Dell setups may work also, but these are the one's that definitely will work.

Link:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=fc3...45ffce9e954d6b1

WinRar is needed to extract. You must ignore WHQL warnings when installing. This driver is for Vista 32bit/64bit only.

Edited by terror_adagio

My drivers are not the latest version, however, they are the latest version which is available for all OSes and supports most cards without rewriting the INIs.

My drivers are not the latest version, however, they are the latest version which is available for all OSes and supports most cards without rewriting the INIs.

5866 is available for all OSes. I just chose to do Vista, since that is what I use. And I didn't do much with rewriting the INIs and rewriting them doesn't effect anything other than the WHQL status.

Where does 5866 come from? I will mod XP as well, and release both.

From Dell :

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/SIGMATEL_STAC...A06_R182475.exe

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=248965

Release Date: 5/19/2008

Version: 6.10.0.5866_RC5-WHQL, A06

Download Type: Driver

File Format: Hard-Drive

File Size: 7 MB

From Microsoft (for Toshiba and ?)

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...20audio%20codec

mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oyo1i0yeggi (also included other versions)

Edited by zog

Because Michael's included driver is outdated, I have compiled the latest known Sigmatel version available, 5866. There are newer IDT versions available, but as Michael has encountered they are more difficult to mod. My modded package will work for the following Dell setups:

Inspiron 1420

Inspiron 1520

Inspiron 1720

Inspiron 1721

Latitude XT

Latitude D420

Latitude 120L

Latitude 131L

Latitude ATG D620

Latitude D520

Latitude D620

Latitude D820

Vostro Notebook 1400

Vostro Notebook 1500

Vostro Notebook 1700

XPS M1730

XPS M1710

XPS M2010

XPS M1330

XPS M1210

XPS/Inspiron M140/630m

OptiPlex 740

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M65

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90

Other Dell setups may work also, but these are the one's that definitely will work.

Link:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=fc3...45ffce9e954d6b1

WinRar is needed to extract. You must ignore WHQL warnings when installing. This driver is for Vista 32bit/64bit only.

Not working on a vostro 1400. The audio service is disabled every time at startup and even enabling it doesn't result in sound output

For all the Gateway users out there with this chip: By combining a modded inf with the "Gateway HD Audio" package found in this thread, I was able to fix the "code 10" error in XP x64!

Everything is working fine with the exception of the Sigmatel Tray and Control Panel interface.

For the record I have a Gateway m-6843 laptop.

Here is a link for the complete installer. Let me know if this works for you.

Download

Not working on a vostro 1400. The audio service is disabled every time at startup and even enabling it doesn't result in sound output

Working fine on my XPS1710!