LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's Modded INF for SigmaTel and IDT Audio

Michael Marley

my new laptop Inspiron1318 had same sound card. But these driver not work on WINDOW XP. Window vista drivers available on site. MY sound card name is IDT 9228. Please help me.

Overview:

Have you ever wanted/needed to update the SigmaTel/IDT audio chipset drivers on your PC? Neither SigmaTel nor IDT distributes a generic driver for these devices, so users must rely on the OEM to update drivers. And the truth is, this happens only rarely. Therefore, I have created a modded INF for the SigmaTel driver, which will allow for the latest version released by any OEM to be installed on any system with a SigmaTel codec. It supports Windows XP and Vista in both the 32 and 64 bit variants. However, right now only Dell laptops are supported. In the next few weeks, I will add support for all other SigmaTel audio devices which I can find. Note that I do not by any means own all of these devices, and therefore I cannot test them. Therefore, I must count on feedback from users in order to fix whatever problems may occur in the INF. To install the drivers, download the file, extract the contents to a folder on your hard disk, and run setup.exe.

Note: This INF is beta, and therefore may or may not work. Later drivers are available than the one on this link, but I have currently been unable to get those to work.

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because Michael's included driver is outdated, I have compiled the latest known Sigmatel version available, 5866. There are newer IDT versions available, but as Michael has encountered they are more difficult to mod. My modded package will work for the following Dell setups:

Inspiron 1420

Inspiron 1520

Inspiron 1720

Inspiron 1721

Latitude XT

Latitude D420

Latitude 120L

Latitude 131L

Latitude ATG D620

Latitude D520

Latitude D620

Latitude D820

Vostro Notebook 1400

Vostro Notebook 1500

Vostro Notebook 1700

XPS M1730

XPS M1710

XPS M2010

XPS M1330

XPS M1210

XPS/Inspiron M140/630m

OptiPlex 740

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M65

Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90

Other Dell setups may work also, but these are the one's that definitely will work.

Link:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=fc3...45ffce9e954d6b1

WinRar is needed to extract. You must ignore WHQL warnings when installing. This driver is for Vista 32bit/64bit only.

The control panel is copied in system32 and I have the HDMI outpout, good. But the audio service crash when I try to change the volume :)

hi this is carlos. I have a gateway 6860 fx gaming laptop, installed xp x64 on it, and got everything working except for the idt hith definition sound. I have searched a thousand foruns for modded sound driver to work but did not find anithing, the ones i tried gives me the error code 10, device can not start message. I have tried tried the modded driver posted at michael moddded idt topic and did not work too. Please give me a modded sound driver for this idt sound to work with xp x64 at my gaming laptop. Gateway 6860 fx with xp x64 on it is the perfect gaming machine, a lot faster than compared to vista, there are some games i get 20 to 25 more fps in comparison to vista. I just need the sound to play in the perfect way. Please help me. i will provide you with the necessary information you need to make the modded sound driver to work. thanks thanks!!

Edited by calj17

Gateway support is still in the works. I am quite busy right now with school, so it may be a while. Sorry.

it's not works for me...

Device: Sigmatel/IDT HD Audio on Sony Vaio VGN-FE11H

I have a new Inspiron 1318 that only supports Vista. I installed XP and got all the drivers EXCEPT for this audio driver, a IDT 9228. Whenever I try to install your driver (and others) it says : asdfyi1.jpg

Any help at all would be appreciated here is some info :

Device Instance ID

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286&REV_1004\4&358E9598&0&0001

Hardware IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280286

Compatible IDs

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

ConfigFlags

CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL

^^Im the person above, I registered.

I had Windows XP SP3. I completely reformatted and installed SP2 and installed the hotfix 888111. And I am still getting the same error :) .

Aarrggg. Been looking around forever. I found all the device drivers for all the unknown devices as well, this is the last one I can't get to work.

Guest JWhipple

I've got an issue with my Dell Studio 17 where the front-most headphone port thinks that there are headphones plugged into them.

I am running Windows Vista, with the latest IDT drivers from Dell.

Would these drivers do anything for me? I'd really like to be able to get the internal speakers working!

Thanks!

any news for Sigmatel 9228 5.1 soundcard?

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002\4&31CEB56B&0&0001

any news for Sigmatel 9228 5.1 soundcard?

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280209&REV_1002\4&31CEB56B&0&0001

The same one I had questions about? I did not find a way to fix it. I had to reformat back into vista. I am still checking around though hopefully someone can figure it out.

The same one I had questions about? I did not find a way to fix it. I had to reformat back into vista. I am still checking around though hopefully someone can figure it out.

Hi

Sorry if I sound like a jerk but two days or web trawling is hard graft.

My lad has a Toshiba satellite SP m30 that he wants to use Vista on but he can not get any sound drivers working.

Am I in the right area or do I need to look else where . I am led to believe its sigmatel sound card installed in the laptop

thanks in advance

Guest Carlos

Please someone I beg you give me a mooded driver for sound to work in Windows xp x64 version in my GAteway 6860fx. I've searched all the foruns around the net and no one has this mooded driver. I beg you please please please

Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I have been busy with school, and what little time I have left is taken up by answering support posts in other places in this forum. There is a four-day weekend coming up in a couple of weeks though. At that point, I will attempt to add support for Dell desktops and Gateway laptops and desktops.

hi there, just was wondering if there were gonna be any driver updates, like newer versions, or is this it, and your just adding support for other laptops?

thanks!

As much as I would love to add new driver versions, I don't seem to be able to. All of the drivers I have found use a new and drastically different INI format, and I lack the knowledge, skill, and patience to rewrite them.

As much as I would love to add new driver versions, I don't seem to be able to. All of the drivers I have found use a new and drastically different INI format, and I lack the knowledge, skill, and patience to rewrite them.

got it, thanks for the info.

oo dont know what your driver version is, i forgot, but dell released 6.10.0.5866 for the xps m1530...

check em out

Hello!

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with Vista Ultimate.

Im very satisfied with my Vostro but the original drivers for the sigmatel audio are crap.

So I'm glad to find these hacked drivers.

I installed the drivers from the first page and evrything went okay.

The driver works fine but I don't have an equalizer in my idt audio-tools.

Also I missing the function "Stereo-Mix" to record everything I want but thats not my focus.

Is there no way to activate an equalizer for the sigmatel audio s***?

Guest el_solo
Hello!

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with Vista Ultimate.

Im very satisfied with my Vostro but the original drivers for the sigmatel audio are crap.

So I'm glad to find these hacked drivers.

I installed the drivers from the first page and evrything went okay.

The driver works fine but I don't have an equalizer in my idt audio-tools.

Also I missing the function "Stereo-Mix" to record everything I want but thats not my focus.

Is there no way to activate an equalizer for the sigmatel audio s***?

no, no option

if i had known that a sigmatel chip was in my vostro i wouldn't have bought it ...

I don't mean to be deliberately obtuse, but I cannot find a way or instructions for installing audio drivers on a Vostro1500 running XP32 SP2 that just won't accept the Dell ones. I've tried the revised 888111 thingy, I've reformatted my computer more times than I care to remember in order to make sure that there is a nice, clean install for it to work with. I'm at my wit's end with this blasted problem and the most sickening thing of all is that Vista works flawlessly with my computer. I'd keep using Vista, except that I hate it for many reasons. When I get a 10k rpm hdd and 4GB of ram in here, then I'll use the hungry hippo that is Vista.

HI a have a Dell studio 1535 and XP XP3! i have this big problem with IDT sound card i get alll drivers that i found for it but still not working! could u help me michael? i download ur remade driver but it say that its not the corect driver! i really dont like Vista a can make everyuthing works because i have all his drivers for vista he came with his drivers just for vista! i really apreciete if u could help me!