• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• coolcop06

• Emo

• zog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just use the HP wifi driver on your DELL =)

This post is about sound drivers, not wireless drivers? I believe both Intel and Broadcom provide generic drivers for their Wlan products, and if not, they are surely available at Station-Drivers.com. These versions are most likely later than those provided by an OEM

I have been comparing the Vista and XP INIs, and with a small amount of tinkering, I should be able to get them to install on XP. However, this will have to wait until I get the FTP server access I have been talking about. Then, I will upload full drivers rather than .zip files full of INFs and INIs.

Guest Guest Hassan

Just to identify myself, as i'm currently a 'guest' on here, I'm the one who posted earlier today about the studio 1535.

Yeah, as Michael said, I'm looking for audio drivers, like everyone else on this thread - not wifi.

With regards to graphics driver, I downloaded it from here:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...aiwradeonxip-xp

I was so surprised when it worked, since every other attempt at installing ati drivers on xp locked up the system completely, but there you go. I only installed the display driver, not the catalyst control centre, so I don't know whether all the options are there, such as hdmi output etc. But it's better than what I had before, which was nothing.

Thanks for having a look Michael, I really appreciate it. The laptop arrived earlier this week, and I've been dying to get on with some HD editing on it to see what it's like, but the lack of working sound has rendered it (no pun intended) almost useless.

Obviously its partly my fault for not doing my full research and checking whether drivers for xp were available in advance before wiping vista and installing xp, but I'm really comfortable with xp and just don't have the time to accustom to vista for now.

Anyway, cheers in advance!

Hassan

Guest Guest Hassan
Hey I'll be around and wait for the Studio 1535 drivers for Vista Home Premium x64!

Thanks for this incredible posts and help

Cheers,

Rafa

Excuse me if I'm being really dense, but don't the drivers for vista 64 on the dell website work? My problem, and BWA's problem is that xp drivers don't exist. But dell already has vista 32 and vista 64 drivers on its driver downloads website?

any projected date on when ur server is gonna be up...

cause ive been waiting ever so patiently for these drivers :)

hahaha

Guest Hassan

Re: Studio 1535 sound

Well I said I'd report back if I had any success, and guess what?! I have!

In my desperation to find a driver so that I can get on with my work, I've been scouring the net everyday.

Finally, I found it in some chinese website.

Trust me it works, I just got sound on my laptop 60 seconds ago.

http://driver.zol.com.cn/list.php?page=4&a...amp;x=0&y=0

Click the first download link. Use an online translater from chinese into english if you like, that's what I did to find it.

:)

I will have the Studio laptop supported in the next release. This release will occur when the FTP server is up, but I do not know when this will be (you must ask Teraphy.) I am aware of a newer driver version on intel.com, released just a few weeks ago. However, I am currently not able to get this one to work (always a Code 10.)

I just bought a HP DVT7 that has a IDT Codec installed. The driver works for Vista x64 but not for XP x32.

The drivers are here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...4328&dlc=en

there Is a folder for Windows XP but the drivers wont install on my system.

I am unable to find the Device ID under Windows XP but it shows up on Vista. Is there something I am missing?

-Edit I fixed it with a modified UAA Bus Driver found in the drivers. The Device IDs are

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C30F4&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76B2&SUBSYS_103C30F4

Edited by VegetaXX

I tried installing the Intel drivers you posted using the modified INF from the first Post. Everything went well untill I rebooted my PC. Then Windows would complain saying that "This device cannot start" :) .

post-28103-1217955918_thumb.jpg

My Hardware ID are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9

and they appear in the modified INF (otherwise the setup process would've failed). I have a Sigmatel 9205 in a Dell D630, running Windows Vista Business x86. I read in this thread about someone actually being able to install the driver on the D630. Any idea?

And another thing: Don't you hear acoustic noises from time to time, in the Dell D630? For instance: move the slider in the sound mixer in Windows Vista; Windows will produce that little sound (ping!). I can hear a little noise at the end. You can also hear it with the "browse" sound (like the one you hear when you select a folder in Windows Explorer). The same happens in Winamp, sometimes. It's not a big problem, but it is certainly annoying.

Well, that's it. Thanks for any reply.

There is a problem in the x86 INF that need fixing. That should be ready when the FTP server is up in a few days. As for the clicking on audio starts and stops, it is normal. It has something to do with power-saving.

Thanks, Michael. I'll keep visiting the thread then :) .

Edited by George Ramira

Guest Hannes The Hun

i have an XPS M1530 with XP 32bit, and your "hacked" sigmatel/IDT drivers are exactly what I was looking for.

but may I ask, how the hell are you zipping the inf files? not only winrar gives me errors, but also the XP-compressed folders wizard tells me that there's some strange compression method involved no one has ever heard of...

could you upload your INFs in .rar format? that would be awesome!

I compress them with 7-zip, which is the only good free (open source) graphical zip program I can find. As soon as I am able to use the FTP server, I will begin uploading full drivers compressed using 7zSFX, so that they will extract themselves.

I downloaded IDT drivers in the first post and the modded INF for Vista. Installation works fine and drivers are updated but I don't have the Sigmatek control panel and S/PDIF output instead of HDMI output.

My hardware ID :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_1028022E

For a reason unknown to me (I am trying my hardest to find it), the IDT control panel does not install properly. If you wish to use it, browse to the WDM/Vista folder and execute the proper control panel applet for you. (idtsg.cpl for 32-bit systems, idtsg64.cpl for 64-bit systems.

Guest Jasman

Thanks for working on these updates. A few things. Using what's already posted here, I've kinda successfully installed these drivers on my e1505/6400. I also got the control panel working by dragging into the system folder. I had to use the "have disk" method to upgrade my drivers and then do the full install twice (I think) to get everything to work (with reboots in between). Later it somehow got corrupted and I had to go through the process again. Problem is, the drivers themselves seem buggy. Primarily, I notice a strange balance problem, where audio will migrate to one side (usually the left), sometimes almost completely, before returning to true stereo. It does this will all kinds of sources, audio only and AV. I also have lost audio on embedded flash items in Firefox, which may be totally unrelated, I don't know. But I think the basic audio strangeness must be an artifact of the drivers themselves. Has anyone else experienced this?

FWIW, the IDT control panel is not easy to interpret (at least with my current Vista theme). I can't tell if radio buttons are on or off. It looks like Dolby is on by default, which could explain the audio strangeness. When I try to turn it off, I get an error (which I don't have in front of me, sorry).

I'll keep trying your new efforts. Thanks again.

Guest Jasman

FYI, doing a full uninstall of these drivers and reverting to Windows HDAudio returned audio to embedded videos in Firefox. Don't know what the deal is there. Just a heads up.

I've tested the drivers on vista X86 with sigmatel 9205, works perfectly but no Sigmatel/IDT control panel

Guest Guest

Hey all,

Running Vista x86 on my Dell 1330 . Driver does work for me, but has issues. Especially in configuring it. But the dell driver sucks, and all sound is crackily with it. Any help ?

Guest Michael
I don't know of any other drivers to try, but I do recommend that if you have not already, that you disable PowerMizer on your 8600m GT. If that doesn't work, and you have the Dell Wireless card in your laptop, disable Bluetooth Coexist Mode and all wireless bands except the one you use.

It never worked on my Gateway T-6836 with Sigmatel SCAX9205X @ Intel 82801HBM. What shall I do? I am using x64 Windows XP Professional.

Thanks.

Gateways are not supported yet. And to those who cannot configure the driver, you must run the idtsg.cpl file directly from your installation folder.

Guest Studio17
Re: Studio 1535 sound

Well I said I'd report back if I had any success, and guess what?! I have!

In my desperation to find a driver so that I can get on with my work, I've been scouring the net everyday.

Finally, I found it in some chinese website.

Trust me it works, I just got sound on my laptop 60 seconds ago.

http://driver.zol.com.cn/list.php?page=4&a...amp;x=0&y=0

Click the first download link. Use an online translater from chinese into english if you like, that's what I did to find it.

:)

I used this driver for my Studio 1735 laptop (Windows XP Pro SP3, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675) but have problems. Driver installs without errors, Device Manager shows "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" with no exclamation - but audio stops working after system start: only windows startup sound is played. After turn off/on device system is able to play one sound and then audio stops working again.

Any help?

The Studio laptops are not supported yet. I am having some problems getting the newer drivers to work on older chips and older drivers to work on newer chips. It may be necessary for me to release two separate drivers, one for old chips and one for new...

Hi,

I'm using a dv7t, and someone posted above the device ids...could someone please give me some guidance on how I add them to this?

I downloaded and extracted the files for xp, and the audio installer posted on Hp's site. I know I have to copy those files from the zip you posted here into the WinXP section of the extracted installer. But then what? Where do those device ids come into play?

Someone please help me out here, I've been trying to get this working for days....

Help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by mnp2005