LaptopVideo2Go Forums

CAN'T RECOVER XPS M1530

Guest maxi

well just got a new xps today , but well i tried to partion it with partion magic in Vista but didn't work & tired to uninstall it but failed and the computer hanged.on restart the boot failed, i tried everything on the recovery but doesn't show my OS nor detects my hard disk.

Then tried to renistall vista with the disks provided but hard disk is gone!! but it still shows in bios.

so what shud i do??

Guest Xtream_Overdose
well just got a new xps today , but well i tried to partion it with partion magic in Vista but didn't work & tired to uninstall it but failed and the computer hanged.on restart the boot failed, i tried everything on the recovery but doesn't show my OS nor detects my hard disk.

Then tried to renistall vista with the disks provided but hard disk is gone!! but it still shows in bios.

so what shud i do??

Go to the setup menu by pressing F2 , there u need to select the ATA Mode for hard disk instead of something like AHCI mode now u can boot 4m ur vista disk

Go to the setup menu by pressing F2 , there u need to select the ATA Mode for hard disk instead of something like AHCI mode now u can boot 4m ur vista disk

mhmm... and sounds like ur gonna have to reformat ur disk too... but maybe im wrong.

No matter what settings in the BIOS you still should be able to detect the HDD unless you are trying to install XP.

Try this:

Press F2, (BIOS)

1) Select 'onboard devices' then 'flash cache module' Select "disable"

2) Select 'configure for SATA operation' then "configure for ATA" (disable ACHI)

Now when you boot from CD/ DVD (F12) no matter what operataing system you are trying to install your system will detect your HDD.

Edited by wook