LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BSOD when trying to update drivers

99GrandAmSE

so i'm trying to update my drivers and i can't get anything to work. I tried doing the clean install w/ the 177.66 drivers, but when i tried the 'have disk' method, my GPU never showed up. So then I just used the setup.exe file in the driver folder.

After it installed, I tried running 3dmark06 and it BSOD'd about half way through.

Rolled back driver and installed the ones that came with my computer (156.xx or something, not so good performence).

When i tried again, I just went to the device manager and updated the driver using the have disk method and when i restarted it looked like all the files were there. 3dmark06 ran fine, but when i tried playing a game....i got the BSOD very shortly.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I had the exact same issue when i was in vista.

I THINK it was to do with powermizer (GPU is downclocked when idle)

When i went back to XP i still had the BSOD.

SO i turned powermizer off in the nvidia control panel (something that isnt in vista) and I never BSOD with it off - (always 100% clock speeds).

But you can also turn powermizer off in vista by following the guide:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....t=0&start=0