LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 175.95

Nofearangel

I installed the drivers. and If i start my laptop up without having it plugged in when windows vista ultimate starts the screen goes blank. The OS is loading u can hear the sounds playing and things loading but no display. So it defiantly the drivers. Anybody with a solution please.

Geforce 8700M Sli any other recommended drivers that work really well. I have used the beat from nvidia for my card and the dell drivers and prefer not to use either. the newer drivers have nicer options.

i assume you downloaded one of the drivers from this site and installed using the modded inf?

If so you need to reinstall your drivers.

First uninstall your current drivers by going into safe mode.

download the drivers you want (Im not sure which is the "best" for you) aslo the modded inf.

in the modded inf find:

;if upon reboot after install you have a black screen remove the ';' from line below and reinstall driver.
;HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay,			%REG_DWORD%,	 1

just change it so it looks like:

;if upon reboot after install you have a black screen remove the ';' from line below and reinstall driver.
HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay,			%REG_DWORD%,	 1

and reinstall and see if that works.