LaptopVideo2Go Forums

bcm43xx drivers?

LOL!!

Computer: Apple Macbook Pro

Wireless Card Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (4.170.46.9)

Tracking down drivers has been quite a pain. Been working at it steadily for about two days now with no luck. I consistently get Code 10's on the driver's that I think will work. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I think they do!

Try the XP drivers from my post over HERE. You'll have to check if your particular card [PCI subsys etc.] match with the INF file of the XP driver I listed. Theres also a Configuration Utility for those not happy with XP's ZeroConfig support.

You should probably deinstall the old drivers first, REBOOT, then install the new drivers from an admin account.

• 2 years later...
Guest BigEx20

I hope this helps you. I'm also running XP Pro 32-bit so I really hope this helps you.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with 1390 WLAN wireless card and to my knowledge its part of the BCM43xx. I ran across PCPitstop.com driver list and they just so happen to have 8/25/2009 - 5.60.18.9 driver version. I'm not so sure if this is the latest but it was for sure a lot newer than what Dell had posted on their list of drivers for my laptop.

Here is the link: http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/Dell~Wireless~1390~WLAN~Mini-Card.html

Just scroll down to where it says Windows XP 32-Bit Driver and to the right of the latest version click free download, then it will ask you to enter your email address so it can send you the download link to you in your email. I have done this multiple times and its worked great for me every time.

Hope this is what you was looking for and works for you!