LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Poor performance with Toshiba 7900GS

Jethros

I am having issues playing games (COD4, CoH) with the video, I have to run the games on very low res to get a half decent frame rate and I have been told it is probably the video card driver.

I am running a Toshiba Satellite P100 with a 7900GS 512mb video card with driver 84.00 on XP pro 32, I have tried downloading new drivers but none have been compatable with my setup and I cannot find any updates on the Toshiba website.

Does anyone know of a way to put a new driver on and which one would be best?

Cheers

I'm quite sure it's the driver. Try these and see if you attain much better results:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19570

You have to download the modded inf using the link and then replace the other inf inside the driver that you have downloaded folder. Otherwise it will not work.

I would recommend you to upgrade your BIOS to the latest version for the P100/105 series, BIOS v4.30 as it fixes some performance issues that have plagued our laptops since the release of vista.

Thanks guys much appreciated, Improvements in frame rates so far