LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need experts help on which driver to download for my Dual 8800 gtx SLI VideoCard, need help! thanks

holdfast

Hey guys I got myself an xps 1730 notebook and I had a few questions, would appreciate any response, thanks

Here is my system specs: 2.8 ghz extreme core 2 duo + dual x2 SLI 8800 gtx cards, windows vista ultimate 32 bit operating system.

1. When I started to play age of conan, it gave me this msg before the game booted: "you appear to be using an outdated video driver that may behave unstably with our game. It is highly recommened you update your video drivers to at lease verson nVidia Display Driver Forceware release 169.21 or later."

The current driver that came with the computer is 7.15.11.6755, which driver update sholuld I downlaod for the best gaming experiance and where can I downlaod it?

2. And can someone refresh my mind on how to install new videocard drivers? Do I seperately install drivers for each card or does the system automatically installs on both my video cards when I'm installing the driver?

To install new drivers, can someone double check the the steps here --> A. uninstall current drivers from the control panel B. Restart the compuer C. After reboot, install new drivers D. Restart again... <---- is this how to install new drivers?

3. How do I check if I'm running both video cards in sli compared to running just one videocard.

4. Also is the modified drivers safe and stable or better than the offical drivers 167.55 and 174.31 from the dell webpage? Can you explain to a noob about the main differences?

5. Where do I download Nvidia drivers on these forums? is the GeForce Driver Releases forum section the right place?

6 How do I know which driver supports my dual 8800 gtx sli system?

Read post in your other thread, thanks.

Read post in your other thread, thanks.

Yes you shouldnt be askimg what are the best drivet=rs it is a relatrive question and what is good for me may not be good for you, so politics aside dell have a rapid replacememnt drivers onsite

ftp://ftp1.us.dell.com/video/R182343.EXE

thats a performance non tested but I have it and its bliss

also update you ageix card drivers here

as for sli you must enable it on the drivers console in control panel it doesnt come sli ready out of the box.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.06.12_whql.html

Ok guys so what is the driver for my system that will have the best performance? Andrew, please post the links on those drivers you reccommended that has feedback that its a good driver for my videocard. How do you know its a good driver for my system? Thanks m8

Speaking specifically, I could never know the best driver for your gpu. However, I can recommend some that has given people good performance and those are usually the latest drivers currently 177.72.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....19699&st=20

Or if it isn't to your liking you can try 177.66:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19571

You should try the 177.66 first, but it's your choice (install with modded inf.)

Andrew I read those links and there is no one who commented who had a 8800 gtx SLI system, so i don't know if I sould even try those drivers....

Does anyone who has a similar setup as me comment on this? Been looking all over the net and their isn't really anything I could find...

Andrew I read those links and there is no one who commented who had a 8800 gtx SLI system, so i don't know if I sould even try those drivers....

Does anyone who has a similar setup as me comment on this? Been looking all over the net and their isn't really anything I could find...

I have a similar or better system with same gfx drivers and Im using the dell rapid release drivers... ALL I hope is that ppl actually be bothered to red up... not a rant, not being rude its just silly asking what has alreadyy been answered to post or 3 above.

Actually the guy that started this topic has same question son there goes to show thta you dont car about reading anything....

Edited by X3lectric

Guest Itomix

I've got the same setup as you... M1730 8800M gtx sli, and a x9000 processor @ 3.4ghz

I've found the 177.41 to be the best (I've tried quite a few)

I get 105fps at the start of 3dmark06 with a score of 14347.