LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT- Counter Strike Source

badboyromio

Hey everyone. I got a compal fl 90 with geforce 8600m gt and my counter strike source rates are terrible. i tried all sorts of drivers and none of them stops the stuttering. the game is up to date and i have nothing running in the background to affect it. help please! a known driver or tweak would be helpful.

P.S

i'm running vista ultimate 32 and have 2 gb ddr2

What kind of 3D graphics settings are you using? If Antialiasing or Anisotropic Filtering are on, try turning them off. If vsync is on, try turning it off. Or, if vsync is off, try turning it on.

What kind of 3D graphics settings are you using? If Antialiasing or Anisotropic Filtering are on, try turning them off. If vsync is on, try turning it off. Or, if vsync is off, try turning it on.

Thanks but all of those fancy features are turned off. the settings are set to high performance. i've put all settings on low and it still stutters. it mostly happens when the gun fights are intense or the stage is very detailed. (e.g militia)

All the updates are installed for the game... i really don't get it.

Edited by badboyromio

I figured this one out. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO LOW.

open console ( ` ) then type in fps_max 60

Problem solved, you get a little more tearing but ths framrate stays very steady.