LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers needed for 8600M GS in Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21Z

racing

Hello,

I own a Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21Z with Vista32 pre-installed and Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS onboard.

Seems that I can't find anywhere any newer drivers for the GPU.

In GPU-Z the driver version is nvlddmkm 7.15.11.0128 (ForceWare 101.28).

Probably I need a modded .inf file as I can't find the drivers in Nvidia's website or Sony VAIO's support.

The card seems having a 2007 driver.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I own a Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21Z with Vista32 pre-installed and Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS onboard.

Seems that I can't find anywhere any newer drivers for the GPU.

In GPU-Z the driver version is nvlddmkm 7.15.11.0128 (ForceWare 101.28).

Probably I need a modded .inf file as I can't find the drivers in Nvidia's website or Sony VAIO's support.

The card seems having a 2007 driver.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would go with 177.70. These are the only drivers I could get to work with vista w/o a huge delay from login to desktop screen. They include a huge selection of oem inf's in a zip file. Use NVAM.inf as this definitely supports your device. As far as the driver goes, its grade A. Its not like I game on my pos lappy, but the overall vista aero interface is much smoother and more responsive. Hope this helps

Edited by AV Logistics

I would go with 177.70. These are the only drivers I could get to work with vista w/o a huge delay from login to desktop screen. They include a huge selection of oem inf's in a zip file. Use NVAM.inf as this definitely supports your device. As far as the driver goes, its grade A. Its not like I game on my pos lappy, but the overall vista aero interface is much smoother and more responsive. Hope this helps

I have done that and the GPU-Z tool shows the 177.70 as ForceWare version and also shows 1000MHz as Shaders freq, something that was not shown before the update. The laptop seems working smooth and I will try to play a couple games to see any differences.

Thank you very much for you help!! I'm an old Amiga computer user and using computers since 1986 in general, but everyday I learn something new!

thanks again!

Glad I could be of help!

:)