• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Pawel

• zipper

• alexdino

Yeah, it seems more likely that the dll is created during installation, although I was more inclined to believe that if it found some kind of version/file name mismatch when referencing nvcod132, it would discard the other references to it and perhaps cause part of the driver to fail installation. Odd though.

Cheers for the 3.262 INF update :)

Just searched my HD for nvcod132.dll and not there. (vista x64)

The file must be inside another file and possibly extracted in memory.

Must do some googling re this

But does it work ? :)

I'd test for you now, but I'm at work :)

I'll probably install it 3rd time later...

Still no CP in new modified INF version 3.262

Still no CP in new modified INF version 3.262

Wierd, why did changing it to nvcod132 work for me yesterday? unless there is something else causing the problem?

I'm running exactly same rig as you but with Vista x64 and no issues here at all with Control Panel.

Hmmm, what is going on here.

Guest Michael

Im still using my original dell nvidia driver and having some minor issues with games and wanting to upgrade the driver. I have a dell xps m1530 with an 8600M GT Driver Version 7.15.11.7431, is this driver stable and am i able to use this driver with my graphics card?

Wierd, why did changing it to nvcod132 work for me yesterday? unless there is something else causing the problem?

Yes the INF in your psot #17 work and have CP.. THX

But the new INF version 3.262 and 3.263 did not work

i just installed this driver on my system. i have been running stock aw driver 174.82, and it gave me crap performances in crysis..

after installing this driver i was able to get much better results in the games, but it seems that the fan is now constantly on and by feeling the back of my laptop it feels much hotter than before.

is this safe to run?

i would run 1900x1200 in high, then after about an hour or so in the game i would get stutters here and there..

im gonna try to turn down the res a little.. does that help with the work load of the gpu?

thanks for your advice.

I'm running exactly same rig as you but with Vista x64 and no issues here at all with Control Panel.

Hmmm, what is going on here.

Just took another look at your new modded INF; it's because you accidentally deleted the [nv_CoInstaller_AddReg] key :)

haha.

Edited by Pawel

Ok, assuming the CP problem is indeed present with this driver, I might have found what was wrong.

The original INF looks like this:

[nv_CoInstaller_AddReg]
HKR,, CoInstallers32, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "nvcod132.dll,NVCoInstaller"
HKR, Uninstall, Uninstaller, %REG_SZ%, "nvudisp.exe"
HKR, Uninstall, Script,      %REG_SZ%, "nvdisp.nvu"
HKR, Uninstall, CoInstaller, %REG_SZ%, "nvcod132.dll"
HKR, Uninstall, Name,        %REG_SZ%, %NVUninstall.desc%
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_MULTI_SZ%,  "nvcpl.cpl,nvcplui.exe,nvexpbar.dll,nvcpluir.dll"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpl.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplara.chm,nvdspara.chm,nv3dara.chm,nvmobara.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplcsy.chm,nvdspcsy.chm,nv3dcsy.chm,nvmobcsy.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpldan.chm,nvdspdan.chm,nv3ddan.chm,nvmobdan.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpldeu.chm,nvdspdeu.chm,nv3ddeu.chm,nvmobdeu.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplell.chm,nvdspell.chm,nv3dell.chm,nvmobell.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpleng.chm,nvdspeng.chm,nv3deng.chm,nvmobeng.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplesn.chm,nvdspesn.chm,nv3desn.chm,nvmobesn.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplesm.chm,nvdspesm.chm,nv3desm.chm,nvmobesm.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplfin.chm,nvdspfin.chm,nv3dfin.chm,nvmobfin.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplfra.chm,nvdspfra.chm,nv3dfra.chm,nvmobfra.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplheb.chm,nvdspheb.chm,nv3dheb.chm,nvmobheb.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplhun.chm,nvdsphun.chm,nv3dhun.chm,nvmobhun.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplita.chm,nvdspita.chm,nv3dita.chm,nvmobita.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpljpn.chm,nvdspjpn.chm,nv3djpn.chm,nvmobjpn.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplkor.chm,nvdspkor.chm,nv3dkor.chm,nvmobkor.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplnld.chm,nvdspnld.chm,nv3dnld.chm,nvmobnld.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplnor.chm,nvdspnor.chm,nv3dnor.chm,nvmobnor.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplplk.chm,nvdspplk.chm,nv3dplk.chm,nvmobplk.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplptg.chm,nvdspptg.chm,nv3dptg.chm,nvmobptg.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplptb.chm,nvdspptb.chm,nv3dptb.chm,nvmobptb.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplrus.chm,nvdsprus.chm,nv3drus.chm,nvmobrus.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplsky.chm,nvdspsky.chm,nv3dsky.chm,nvmobsky.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplslv.chm,nvdspslv.chm,nv3dslv.chm,nvmobslv.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplsve.chm,nvdspsve.chm,nv3dsve.chm,nvmobsve.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpltha.chm,nvdsptha.chm,nv3dtha.chm,nvmobtha.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpltrk.chm,nvdsptrk.chm,nv3dtrk.chm,nvmobtrk.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplchs.chm,nvdspchs.chm,nv3dchs.chm,nvmobchs.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplcht.chm,nvdspcht.chm,nv3dcht.chm,nvmobcht.chm"

[nv_CoInstaller_AddReg_C77]
HKR,, CoInstallers32, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "nvcodhins.dll,NVCoInstaller"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_MULTI_SZ%,  "nvcpl.cpl,nvcplui.exe,nvexpbar.dll,nvcpluir.dll"
HKR, Uninstall, CoInstaller, %REG_SZ%, "nvcod132.dll"

but the modded INF contained:

[nv_CoInstaller_AddReg]
HKR,, CoInstallers32, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "nvcod130.dll,NVCoInstaller"
HKR, Uninstall, CoInstaller, %REG_SZ%, "nvcod130.dll"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplara.chm,nvdspara.chm,nv3dara.chm,nvmobara.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplcsy.chm,nvdspcsy.chm,nv3dcsy.chm,nvmobcsy.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpldan.chm,nvdspdan.chm,nv3ddan.chm,nvmobdan.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpldeu.chm,nvdspdeu.chm,nv3ddeu.chm,nvmobdeu.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplell.chm,nvdspell.chm,nv3dell.chm,nvmobell.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpleng.chm,nvdspeng.chm,nv3deng.chm,nvmobeng.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplesn.chm,nvdspesn.chm,nv3desn.chm,nvmobesn.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplesm.chm,nvdspesm.chm,nv3desm.chm,nvmobesm.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplfin.chm,nvdspfin.chm,nv3dfin.chm,nvmobfin.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplfra.chm,nvdspfra.chm,nv3dfra.chm,nvmobfra.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplheb.chm,nvdspheb.chm,nv3dheb.chm,nvmobheb.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplhun.chm,nvdsphun.chm,nv3dhun.chm,nvmobhun.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplita.chm,nvdspita.chm,nv3dita.chm,nvmobita.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpljpn.chm,nvdspjpn.chm,nv3djpn.chm,nvmobjpn.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplkor.chm,nvdspkor.chm,nv3dkor.chm,nvmobkor.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplnld.chm,nvdspnld.chm,nv3dnld.chm,nvmobnld.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplnor.chm,nvdspnor.chm,nv3dnor.chm,nvmobnor.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplplk.chm,nvdspplk.chm,nv3dplk.chm,nvmobplk.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplptg.chm,nvdspptg.chm,nv3dptg.chm,nvmobptg.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplptb.chm,nvdspptb.chm,nv3dptb.chm,nvmobptb.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplrus.chm,nvdsprus.chm,nv3drus.chm,nvmobrus.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplsky.chm,nvdspsky.chm,nv3dsky.chm,nvmobsky.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplslv.chm,nvdspslv.chm,nv3dslv.chm,nvmobslv.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplsve.chm,nvdspsve.chm,nv3dsve.chm,nvmobsve.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpltha.chm,nvdsptha.chm,nv3dtha.chm,nvmobtha.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcpltrk.chm,nvdsptrk.chm,nv3dtrk.chm,nvmobtrk.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplchs.chm,nvdspchs.chm,nv3dchs.chm,nvmobchs.chm"
HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles,   %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvcplcht.chm,nvdspcht.chm,nv3dcht.chm,nvmobcht.chm"

[nv_CoInstaller_AddReg_C77]
HKR,, CoInstallers32, %REG_MULTI_SZ%, "nvcodhins.dll,NVCoInstaller"
HKR, Uninstall, CoInstaller, %REG_SZ%, "nvcod130.dll"

As you can see, there is a version difference when referencing nvcod, so it must be causing the installation of the control panel to go ###### up.

I just installed 177.73 successfully using the fix on the modded INF and the control panel is working.

Can anyone else test it for me? see attachment for INF.

P.

Thank youI tried you inf file on my 8700 M GT Laptop and Control Panel is working.

Guest Guest

I think that my 8600m GT is downclocked and this didn't start to happen after I've installed this driver. Ok to the problem, when I open up the hardware monitoring in RivaTuner I see these values:

Core clock / ROP domain: 182 MHz

Core clock / shader domain: 364 MHz

Memory clock: 100 MHz

Core temperature: 66 degrees

but when I turn on the system setting -> overclocking I see the following values:

Core clock: 475MHz

Shader Clock: 950 MHz

Memory clock: 702 MHz

Is it just me or has my card really been downclocked ? :S I think that the monitoring hardware window ought to show the values which can be seen on the system setting, but obviously it doesn't, WHAT is the problem, jizuz christ can any professional help me?

No luck for me also i have been using the regedit method and the poweroptimizer switcher to turn off the poweroptimizer and the clock boost from 170 to 475 as shown by GPU but after a few matches with PES 2008 it automatic downclock the clock to 225 then to 170 as shown in GPU and make the game lag

• 2 weeks later...

Using the Have Disk method to install the driver shows that there are two versions of 8600m GT to choose from, both of which allowed me to install the driver ,no problem. But why is there two options to choose from?

3DMark06 w/ PhysX: 3336 @ 1280x1024

3DMark Vantage w/ PhysX: P985/761/8239

3DMark Vantage w/o PhysX: P946/756/3900

Cool driver! i got 5197 3dmark06(1280x800, vista32)

CPU, GPU overclocked with rivatuner

im just worry about downclock, i havent tested that yet...

3dmarkscore_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Guest Guest from Ukraine

Аааа, задолбался я читать этот американский текст! :)

Скажите какие дрова для 8600m GT на седня самые стабильные и выдают побольше fps?

Установил 177.79, но то ли мне кажется, что иногда бывают заядлые поддергивания... Стоит ли ставить 177.73(вроде их хвалят)?

You should be able to OC; did you do the install "right way" - meaning first uninstalling the old driver, then running Driver Cleaner/Driver Sweeper in safe mode, then installing the new driver?

Tell me what drivers for the 8600m GT for today the most stable and issuing more fps?

I installed 177.79, but then it seems to me that sometimes braking ... Should I install 177.73?